The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

What's up with the Sinister Minister at One Night Stand last year? I remember him being a part of TNA at the start and he's still around there now so had he parted way with them at the time and if so why?

From obsessedwithwrestling.com ...

NWA: Total Nonstop Action: Disciples of the New Church:June 19, 2002 - NWA: Total Nonstop Action Debut: Joins the Jarrett Upstart promotion.. October 30, 2002 - TNA: Minister Jim Mitchell returns to TNA with Slash & Brian Lee to attack James Storm & Chris Harris.. July 9, 2003 - TNA: James Mitchell explains that he has recruited Shane Douglas to get at Raven - Later throws fire in Alexis' face! August 6, 2003 - TNA: James Mitchell & Shane Douglas continue to play mind games with Raven and the Gathering.. November 5, 2003 - TNA: Raven defeated Father James Mitchell in a bloody "Last Man Standing" match.. January 7, 2004 - TNA: Julio Dinero & C.M. Punk defeated Raven & Sandman with help from.. Father James Mitchell!! February 18, 2004 - TNA: Raven & Terry Funk defeated The Gathering (Julio Dinero & CM Punk) w/James Mitchell.. ~~~James Mitchell tried to use a stun gun on Raven, but Terry Funk threw himself in front and took the shock himself! Jim Mitchell, in real life, spends his time running a karoake business in Florida.. February 20, 2005--Vince Russo's GLORY Wrestling: Jim Mitchell played the roll of "Devil" throughout the entire night.. ECW One Night Stand:June 12, 2005 - ECW One Night Stand: Super Crazy defeated Tajiri and Little Guido in an International Three Way Dance! ~~~The FBI (JT Smith, Tracy Smothers, Tony Mamaluke, & Big Guido) and Sinister Minister & Mikey Whipwreck all got involved.. NWA: Total Nonstop Action: Guiding Abyss:July 1, 2005 - TNA Impact: Father James Mitchell returned to TNA as the manager of Abyss..

Doesn't explain exactly if or when he left TNA but sounds like he wasn't signed with them in June of last year.

Just watching the Rise & Fall of ECW DVD, inparticularly the Raven & Stevie/Pitbulls 2 out of 3 falls match.Was a really good match, my question is about The Pitbulls. How good where they? I've never really heard much about them, and you dont often see them linked with ECW as one of the heroes (like Dreamer, Raven etc). But they looked pretty good in this match, obviously not wrestling clinic type good, but pretty charismatic and good brawlers.What did they do in ECW? What are they're stories post and pre ECW?

They were OK brawlers, not very good in the grand scheme of things, but they were one of the acts who benefitted from the peak of ECW in that they were made to look alot better than they actually were.In ECW, their most famous angle was the breaking of Gary Wolfes' neck. Shane Douglas gave him a single arm DDT that really injured his neck, and Pitbull 2 sought revenge. It was a smoking hot feud but they did keep it going a bit too long I think. They left ECW after some sort of charge for drug dealing.Gary Wolfe still wrestles, he was 3PW champ for ages before they closed down. Anthony Durante died a couple of years ago from a drug over dose.

Pitbull 1 = Gary Wolfe. Long haired one. Still wrestling. Not dead.Pitbull 2 = Anthony Durante. Bald one. No longer wrestling 'cos dead.Was their superbomb on Francine at Heatwave 1996 the first time a woman was put through a table on a major wrestling card?

Pitbull 1 = Gary Wolfe. Long haired one. Still wrestling. Not dead.Pitbull 2 = Anthony Durante. Bald one. No longer wrestling 'cos dead.Was their superbomb on Francine at Heatwave 1996 the first time a woman was put through a table on a major wrestling card?

Probably.Pit #1 was also known in the early days (when he was a solo) as Pitbull Psycho Mike. Pit #2 was then briefly known as Pitbull Psycho Spike. They were a great team in their day - not great technically, but tremendous brawlers. Their matches with the Eliminators in late 1995/early 1996 were the true state of the art for tag team matches at that time.

• Paid Members

This may seem like a stupid question, but ive only just really got into TNA. So anyway, is Bound for Glory like their 'WrestleMania'? If so, then what is the point of Slammiversary? :confused:

To celebrate their anniversary.

Does it matter? they all cost the same, they all come from the same arena, they all have the same content. No TNA ppv is really any different to the others.

It makes sense to push an event(BFG in their case) as your 'big' event of the year. If you can also push your anniversary, that means you have two big shows rather than one. TNA don't have the history of Wrestlemania, Summerslam's etc, so they have to tell us, any filmsy excuse will do.

I would be extremely happy if Rob is still playing in his band and living off his ill-gotten gains. That crazy bastard worked his ass off for a long time and made a shitload of money. By rights, he should never have had to work again.

Can't say enough good things about Rob, as he was always a pleasure to deal with and a superb wrestling writer (I always found him better than Fin Martin in SOW & PS). It was a shame when he gave up his tape trading, but I then moved onto buying off Glen Radford, who was also a great guy. I only ever bought one video off GWI, the people who took over from Rob, and was not impressed with the qulity (was an ECW PPV) so never used them again.