The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Two questions relating to Samoa Joe:1) I just read in a report of last week's TNA iMPACT that Samoa Joe hit an "Island Driver" for the first time in TNA. What move is that?2) I've read lots of people referring to the "infamous" Samoa Joe vs Necro Butcher match but haven't paid much attention as to why it is talked about so much? So what's the big deal and in company on what show/date did it happen?

1) I remember seeing it once. I taped over that tape, so I can't check, but I think it was like a dreamer driver/ emerald fusion type thing.
FROSION. Emerald FROSION. There's no such thing as an Emerald Fusion outside of computer games. It's Misawa's move originally, and yes, that is the move Joe uses; imagine he picks the guy up for a running powerslam, but instead brings them down on the back of their head/neck.

• Moderators

FROSION. Emerald FROSION. There's no such thing as an Emerald Fusion outside of computer games. It's Misawa's move originally, and yes, that is the move Joe uses; imagine he picks the guy up for a running powerslam, but instead brings them down on the back of their head/neck.

What does 'Frosion' mean?

More people probably know it from the popular WWF video games than do from a move pronounced in another language that most people can't speak. So I call it fusion, so people will know what I'm talking about, rather than Frosion, to show how clever I am.

What does 'Frosion' mean?
Damned if I know. It’s almost certainly a pun of some kind. They do love their puns.

More people probably know it from the popular WWF video games than do from a move pronounced in another language that most people can't speak. So I call it fusion, so people will know what I'm talking about, rather than Frosion, to show how clever I am.

*Wah*

Not definite but I think it probably is. The overhead bicycle kick was famously used by Pele in the film "Escape To Victory".Lots of people have done it during a football game (the best I've ever seen was Trevor Sinclair for QPR, scoring from 20 yards out) but I think that's the most well known example - certainly in America at least.

Edited by dopper

Dunno, but the Japanese symbols they use for it translate as "Flow John".

I'm pretty sure Misawa also has/had a ring jacket with "Emerald Flowsion" printed on it, so I'd imagine we're hovering around the correct pronunciation. A smarty-pants like Bombcar can probably confirm. :DAs for what it means: very little. I'd guess it's yet another example of squiffy Engrish.

• Paid Members

i was watching wrestlemania again last night and i've been wondering about rey mysterio's weight. officially, i think he's 5' 3" 165lb.i weighed myself at the gym last night and came in at just over 96kg. a quick bit of maths tells me that's just over 211lb. and i'm 5' 6". and nowhere near as heavily built as rey looks.am i right to question rey's weight? do you think they're playing it down to make him even more of an underdog? or is three inches enough to realistically equate to a near 50lb weight difference? i think i'm probably quite dense for my size but i'd have thought rey's still carrying a lot more muscle than me.

Dunno, but the Japanese symbols they use for it translate as "Flow John".

I'm pretty sure Misawa also has/had a ring jacket with "Emerald Flowsion" printed on it, so I'd imagine we're hovering around the correct pronunciation. A smarty-pants like Bombcar can probably confirm. :DAs for what it means: very little. I'd guess it's yet another example of squiffy Engrish.
Wikipedia wins again:Emerald FrosionThis is a sitout side powerslam in which the wrestler lifts the opponent up on his right shoulder like in a Front powerslam. The wrestler wraps his right arm around the opponent's neck, and the left arm around the opponent's torso. The wrestler then sits down while flipping the opponent forward to the right side of him, driving the opponent neck and shoulder first into the mat.The move was named by Mitsuharu Misawa. There is no direct translation from the Japanese language name "エパラルドフロウジョン (Emeraludo Furoujon)". Emerald Frosion is the most common one, as it's the closest to the pronunciation. Other translations are Emerald Fusion and Emerald Flowsion.Other notable users include: Samoa Joe (Island Driver), Tommy Dreamer (Dreamer Driver)Misawa has also used a variation, called Super Emerald Frosion, where he lifts his opponent upside down like in a Vertical suplex, turns him 180

i was watching wrestlemania again last night and i've been wondering about rey mysterio's weight. officially, i think he's 5' 3" 165lb.i weighed myself at the gym last night and came in at just over 96kg. a quick bit of maths tells me that's just over 211lb. and i'm 5' 6". and nowhere near as heavily built as rey looks.am i right to question rey's weight? do you think they're playing it down to make him even more of an underdog?

If anything, Rey's weight is boosted. Either by the patented Titan Exaggerate-o-Matic through which all WWE wrestlers to give them an extra couple of inches/few pounds (as evidenced by his WWE.com profile) or by his "vitamins".I remember when this guy was Rey Mysterio...rey.jpg

is three inches enough to realistically equate to a near 50lb weight difference?

I'm 6' 1" and 153lbs, so probably not.

• Paid Members

If anything, Rey's weight is boosted. Either by the patented Titan Exaggerate-o-Matic through which all WWE wrestlers to give them an extra couple of inches/few pounds (as evidenced by his WWE.com profile) or by his "vitamins".I remember when this guy was Rey Mysterio...rey.jpg

that image isn't working but i'm guessing it's from when he was ecw or wcw and really was this tiny little guy. there's no denying, however, that he's carrying a lot more bulk these days. i'm not entirely convinced that his weight's exagerated to make him heavier, though..-c