Final Colston Hall, Bristol show - Doug Vrs Jonny!

WhizzKid

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree with Dart, how are Spidermask and BB tributes? And also, please give All-Star some credit:

So, the workers made the show. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while - the combinations of workers picked out of the Random Matchup Hat came good, and this made for an entertaining show. My usual maxim bears repeating here: if All Star put on a good show, it's all down to the workers, not the promotion.

:laugh: They can't win!

And it would be pretty awesome if Relic died tomorrow and Frankie Sloan took all his bookings

That is harsh.Anyway, sounds like a good show. ~King Koyote~

:laugh: They can't win!

Putting on regular good shows with interlinking storylines instead of having random matchups, some of which come good, some of which don't, would create the opinion of 'hey this promotion is good' rather than 'there were good matches at this promotion's show'. If I was as biased as everybody who's an idiot says I am, then I'd have come on here shitting over every match except the main event (and I might have even shat on that, if you listen to Whizzer, who coincidentally knows what I look like but doesn't come over to say hello despite being damned rude online).

And it would be pretty awesome if Relic died tomorrow and Frankie Sloan took all his bookings

That is harsh.
Well if you're going to selectively quote in order to take it out of context, then yes. Yes it is.

• Paid Members

In terms of morals, I always judge 'tributes' on the 'Will anyone genuinely buy a ticket expecting to see A and actually see B' test.So: Spiderman - OK (hint - not a real person)'Brooklyn Brawler' - OK (not going to draw anyone anyway)Any current WWE TV regular - OK (To quote a five year old: "Mum, Rock was just in Madison Square Garden. Why would he be in Stockport?")X-Pac - Not OK (conceivable he'd be touring the UK)Of course, moral arguments aside, it's a bloody stupid idea to do any trademarked tribute as it's just asking for legal hassle.

• Paid Members

Aren't Tiger Steele and Brody Steele the same person, or am I getting confused?

Tiger Steele is about 7ft tall dark haired Texan who looks like Kevin Nash in his Diesel days.Brody Steele is about 6ft 7 300lbs blonde hair from Canada. Looks a bit like Raven facially

In the same way that other tributes are taking other wrestler's names and/or personas

So im sure you will all look forward to seeing the Uk Brock Lesnar, UK Paul Heyman and UK Mikey Whipwreck at the next FWA show (like we dont know who we're talking about) at least we've cleared that one up once and for all.Sounds like a decent show, of course Moj wasn't happy, but then we've established by now that he's never going to all All Star show again (about 6 months ago) anyway, so we know that he wasn't there last night anyway...

In the same way that other tributes are taking other wrestler's names and/or personas

So im sure you will all look forward to seeing the Uk Brock Lesnar, UK Paul Heyman and UK Mikey Whipwreck at the next FWA show (like we dont know who we're talking about) at least we've cleared that one up once and for all.
I think that's a little unfair. We know you're referring to tiresome old comparisons of Burchill, The Twisted Genius and Jack Xavier, but I don't think you can really compare them to the American guys you mentioned.Burchill's a monster heel, like Lesnar. But there were monster heels before Burchill and Lesnar, and there'll be monster heels after they're retired. It's just part and parcel of wrestling. Burchill's moves and Lesnar's moves are worlds apart too.Dean Ayass and Paul Heyman: they're both heel managers. But there were heel managers before Burchill and Lesnar, and there'll be heel managers after they're retired. Everything in wrestling is just a reinvention of an old gimmick anyway, it's all been done before. Before Raven, the strange loner, there was Jake the Snake. Before Jamie Noble, the redneck hick, there was Hillbilly Jim, and before him Uncle Elmer and so on.Mikey Whipwreck and Jack Xavier: they both wear funky shirts, just like thousands of people out and about in the UK and US on a night out. Wow, sue them.

I think that's a little unfair. We know you're referring to tiresome old comparisons of Burchill, The Twisted Genius and Jack Xavier, but I don't think you can really compare them to the American guys you mentioned.Burchill's a monster heel, like Lesnar. But there were monster heels before Burchill and Lesnar, and there'll be monster heels after they're retired. It's just part and parcel of wrestling. Burchill's moves and Lesnar's moves are worlds apart too.Dean Ayass and Paul Heyman: they're both heel managers. But there were heel managers before Burchill and Lesnar, and there'll be heel managers after they're retired. Everything in wrestling is just a reinvention of an old gimmick anyway, it's all been done before. Before Raven, the strange loner, there was Jake the Snake. Before Jamie Noble, the redneck hick, there was Hillbilly Jim, and before him Uncle Elmer and so on.Mikey Whipwreck and Jack Xavier: they both wear funky shirts, just like thousands of people out and about in the UK and US on a night out. Wow, sue them.

My point exactly, i've personally got nothing against FWA using these characters, though I think in certain areas they are more similar to Whipwreck, Heyman and Lesnar than the 'broad characters' you suggest.Howver when Moj is going to accuse All Star's use of 'Brooklyn Brawler' when the guy looks nothing like the WWF character and probably uses the name in whatever company he works for, as a tribute you wonder where it could end. On that basis Thunder could be accused of being the UK Warlord and FWA have used him too.

I don't think you can fairly compare the two. It's not like the FWA presents Brock Burchill accompanied by his manager, Dean E. Dangerously or anything like that. Whereas All Star have billed people as Sgt. Slaughter, The Undertaker, The Brooklyn Brawler etc etc. There's a vast difference.

If I was as biased as everybody who's an idiot says I am, then I'd have come on here shitting over every match except the main event (and I might have even shat on that, if you listen to Whizzer, who coincidentally knows what I look like but doesn't come over to say hello despite being damned rude online).
Perhaps we caught you in a good mood! Usually you slag off plenty which is very good on All Star shows. Oh yeah, still confused as to how you think I know what you look like and the only times I've been mildly critical of you is when you've been offensively rude to me and others.

And Ducky wins the argument~!

Perhaps we caught you in a good mood! Usually you slag off plenty which is very good on All Star shows.

No... I slag off the bad and praise the good. It's not my fault that usually the bad outweighs the good on All Star shows, now is it?Now maybe you can stop the ridiculous 'MOJ just criticises everything about All Star because it's All Star' stuff, and just accept that:a - I watch pro wrestling.b - I then give my frank, unbiased opinions on the pro wrestling, both the positive and the negative aspects.c - Sometimes, said opinions conflict with yours.If anyone has a bias when reporting events it's you - witness your review of the Marty Jones match. 'Marty got cheered, and did a heartfelt speech that got a lot of reaction'. You totally ignored the in-ring stuff - and why? Because it was shit, and you didn't want to point that out...

still confused as to how you think I know what you look like

Erm, I had a picture of myself in my .sig for six months last year, whilst I was winning big huge arguments with you much like this one. And there's other pix of me floating around this board... Of course, if you have .sigs turned off, and only come to this board to argue with me and shill All Star shows, you might have missed it all, so fair enough.Oh btw I caught the piece on the news the next night - Marty Jones being interviewed MOTD style - good, maybe even very good, he's easily as articulate as your average thick footballer. Spiderman being shown, and interviewing the nutters rather than the normal fans - bad, and undoes all the good done by Marty. Was slightly surprised by the fairly respectful tone shown by the reporter, too...

Now maybe you can stop the ridiculous 'MOJ just criticises everything about All Star because it's All Star' stuff, and just accept that:a - I watch pro wrestling.b - I then give my frank, unbiased opinions on the pro wrestling, both the positive and the negative aspects.c - Sometimes, said opinions conflict with yours.

There's a difference between going to a pro wrestling event and then giving your frank and honest (and informed) opinion on what you saw and replying to a post informing the readers of this forum about a major event that is coming up and repeating the same negative crap you always come out with for no reason other than you have some personal issues with Dixon (I think he probably bullied your dad at school or something).There's no need for it, although it does usually go into a great argument, which is always fun, which by the way......

Erm, I had a picture of myself in my .sig for six months last year, whilst I was winning big huge arguments with you much like this one.

You definetly did not win THIS argument. I've read the whole thing, and Whizzkid has made more sensible, knowledgable and most importantly factual points than you, which are not based around some personal vendetta. You have made one or two good points though, but the 90% of your other points have been proven wrong by not only Whizzkid, but others who actually know what they are talking about too. Edited by The Dart

There's a difference between going to a pro wrestling event and then giving your frank and honest (and informed) opinion on what you saw

Hey, look what I do. That.

and replying to a post informing the readers of this forum about a major event that is coming up and repeating the same negative crap you always come out with for no reason

There's plenty of reason. Whizzkid posts an All Star shill in the main forum, announcing the matches and the wrestlers. I post a disclaimer saying that just because Whizzkid has posted the All Star press release doesn't necessarily mean that those matches or wrestlers are appearing (because he doesn't even put CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE on his posts), Whizzkid attacks me, and off we go.I just think people should be alerted to the fact that All Star tend to advertise people who aren't booked, and if they want to attend All Star shows, bear that in mind.Example: imagine Trader Dave comes into a tape trading forum and says 'I'm selling this show'. Fair enough.But then, people order this show from him, and instead of getting this show they've ordered, they get a different show.When people complain, he says 'What are you complaining about? You ordered a wrestling tape, you got a wrestling tape. What's the problem?'.Furthermore, he comes out with these pronouncements every month, people (less people each time) order the tapes, and keep getting burned. Eventually, every time he posts, someone who's sick of it comes in and says 'You know, you're probably lying when you say this. Everybody, don't buy from this man, as you won't get what you pay for.'Someone else then comes in and say 'Well, I think that his tactics are perfectly fine, and furthermore, I like the replacement shows. I'd rather watch those tapes than the tapes from Trader Alex, who gives you exactly what you order, just less frequently. By the way, my username is TraderAlexSucksCock, but I'm perfectly impartial'.And I think I've stretched this metaphor as far as it'll go, so I'll move on to...

Whizzkid has made more sensible, knowledgable and most importantly factual points than you

What, like totally ignoring the second post on page four because he had no comeback to it?And taking declining attendances at tribute shows and All Star but constant or increasing attendances at other promotions' shows as evidence that Britwres is dying?And then accusing me of being biased, and then going 'Oh we must have called you on a good day' when I do a review that highlights the good and the bad of the Bristol show, while simultaneously doing a report himself that ignores the bad?Yeah, he won this round...

And taking declining attendances at tribute shows and All Star but constant or increasing attendances at other promotions' shows as evidence that Britwres is dying?

So how do you explain the fact that the attendance at the last FWA Bethnal Green had dropped off so much from the one before (a good 200 less if not more) and they have a cancelled 3 shows in the recent past? The figures you give for other promotions attendance earlier in the thread would be considered poor if they related to an All Star show.If you dislike the majority of All Star shows then don't go, you've told us you wont be going to on a number of occasions and then completely contradicted yourself. As Dart said you seem to have some strange obseesion with Brian Dixon anway, which is slightly disturbing.

No... I slag off the bad and praise the good. It's not my fault that usually the bad outweighs the good on All Star shows, now is it?

Well, we've noted that you certainly don't. You slag off most things relating to All Star. It's especially sad when you don't even attend some shows and feel that you can comment then. You slagged off a bill at Bristol earlier in the season that you didn't attend from what I could tell which featured another 5 Star Vrs Whiplash match, had Brookside, Dynamite and Mason (three of the UK's best) and had an appearance from Kendo Nagasaki as advertised. You downplay things like attendances - there was easily 400 plus at Bristol last week and knock promoters that don't aim their product directly at you when promoters you are ultra keen on have done exactly the same thing but you don't mention it for some reason!? You slag off (and wish death on, which I find very sick) a wrestler who is still one of the best in the country based on hatred that I guess comes from a few comments he has made in the past. No offence to Frankie Sloane, but if you think he's a better wrestler than Robbie Brookside, I think you need to pay more attention to the shows you attend.

If anyone has a bias when reporting events it's you - witness your review of the Marty Jones match.

Edited by WhizzKid