Wrestling Observer's "100 Greatest Wrestlers"

Guest Low-ki

sorry if its been done1. Ric Flair2. Lou Thesz3. Rikidozan4. Antonio Inoki5. Hulk Hogan6. Andre the Giant7. El Santo8. Giant Baba9. Steve Austin10. Buddy Rogers11. Frank Gotch12. Jim Londos13. Ed Lewis14. Stan Hansen15. Bruno Sammartino16. The Rock17. Goregous George18. Bruiser Brody19. Riki Choshu20. Mitsuharu Misawa21. Verne Gagne22. Jumbo Tsuruta23. Terry Funk24. Mil Mascaras25. Bret Hart26. Dory Funk Jr.27. Tiger Mask28. Blue Demon29. Perro Aguayo30. Nick Bockwinkel31. Dusty Rhodes32. Johnny Valentine33. Freddie Blassie34. Vader35. George Hackenschmidt36. Jushin Liger37. Toshiaki Kawada38. Keiji Muto39. Jack Brisco40. Harley Race41. El Hijo del Santo42. Tatsumi Fujinami43. Danny Hodge44. Akira Maeda45. Chigusa Nagayo46. Ricky Steamboat47. Shawn Michaels48. Shinya Hashimoto49. Ray Stevens50. Randy Savage51. Gene Kiniski52. Nobuhiko Takada53. Mick Foley54. Genichiro Tenryu55. The Crusher56. Dick the Bruiser57. Canek58. Antonio Rocca59. The Sheik60. Den Leo Jonathon61. Dynamite Kid62. The Undertaker63. El Solitario64. Billy Graham65. Jerry Lawler66. Roddy Piper67. Ultimo Dragon68. Billy Robinson69. Jaguar Yokota70. Lioness Asuka71. Bobo Brazil72. Karl Gotch73. Bert Assirati74. Salvador Gori Guerrero75. Bill Longson76. Killer Kowalski77. Mildred Burke78. Abdullah the Butcher79. The Destroyer80. Atsushi Onita81. Ted Dibiase82. Earl McCready83. Pat O'Connor84. Fritz Von Erich85. Wahoo McDaniel86. Billy Watson87. Leroy McGuirk88. Mad Dog Vachon89. Yvon Robert90. Bronko Nagurski91. Dos Caras92. Edouard Carpentier93. Rayo de Jalisco94. Stanislaus Zbysko95. Sting96. Pat Patterson97. Masahiro Chono98. Dara Singh99. Jess Ventura100. Eddie Graham

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheMontyMan

Embarrassed as to the fact that there is a few names I've never heard of there.Canek?Mildred Burke?Danny Hodge?Anybody want to clear those up for me?Don't see why Andre is 6th. Crazy.

Canek?-- A Mexican legend for the old UWA. He was the main man on top through the end of the 70s to the early 90s holding the UWA Title, which he still does today. Holds the record for drawing over a million fans to ONE arena building during a year when the promotion was on fire, a record no one else comes close I belive. Mildred Burke?-- Pioneer women's wrestler. Only American women's wrestler in the Wrestling Observer Hall Of Fame. She has a decent record of drawing crowds during the 1930s to 1950, including a record from 1941 of 19,000 people for a all girls show. That was a record which wasn't beaten before AJW invaded the Tokyo Egg Dome on November 20, 1994 drawing 42,500 fans. Burke also trained many girls which was sent to AJW in the 60s and 70s. She also created the WWWA Singles Title in the 1950s, a title which is still used in All Japan Women and is the biggest prize in joshi puroresu.--PUNQ--

Edited by PUNQ

• Paid Members

Danny Hodge - long-time NWA junior-heavyweight champion. He pretty much had the best amateur wrestling record ever in college, not conceding a single point in four years. After his last NCAA wrestling title, he entered the Golden Gloves boxing title for a laugh a couple of months later and won. He is literally a genetic freak as he has double tendons in each arm, giving him incredible strength, and many people think he'd have been a shoe-in for the UFC of his day. He was the first wrestler ever on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Perhaps his most famous behind the scenes incident was when Fritz Von Erich was dicking about putting people in the dressing room in the Iron Claw for real, only for Hodge to laugh in his face and brush his hand away.

Don't see why Andre is 6th. Crazy.

I'd agree with that, totally undeserving of a placing as high as that in my view.And for all the Internet negativity and what have you, surely Triple H should merit a top 100 placing? Though I don't think he'll ever be up there with the Flairs, Hogans and Austins of his time, I think he's certainly up there with the Pattersons, Pipers and Lawlers at least.

I don't agree with all of the picks, but that list is probably the best of the two million lists put together the past few years. Weirdest pick is Undertaker I'd say; 62 is just way too high for him. I also find it strange that Sting is in front of Patterson, Singh and Chono. And Gagne is way too high.

And for all the Internet negativity and what have you, surely Triple H should merit a top 100 placing? Though I don't think he'll ever be up there with the Flairs, Hogans and Austins of his time, I think he's certainly up there with the Pattersons, Pipers and Lawlers at least.

What criterias are you basing that on ? I'd say Piper, Lawler & Patterson blow HHH away in pretty much any category I can come up with. And I'm a HHH fan.

• Paid Members

How in the hell did Mil Mascaras beat Bret hart,hbk and freddie blassie?  :crazy:

Because the list was made by people who had actually seen his work, rather than going by Mick Foley's book.
An actual LOL moment there. I'd like to know how much Blassie stuff Denim Rob has seen to come up with a comparison to Mil

• Paid Members

An actual LOL moment there. I'd like to know how much Blassie stuff Denim Rob has seen to come up with a comparison to Mil

Alright i get your point. i have only seen mil mascaras at rumble 97 and he was awful! hopefully he was a lot better when he was younger! and yes ure right i have only read about blassie not seen! :blush: .But to say mil is a greater wrestler than HBK is a big slap in the face. oh and i have seen quite a few hbk matches u know! :p