Wrestlemania XX UKFF Guide

brett

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CJ Brown

Shame our seats are to good to have a photo, oh well. Last year we got a Hoody, Cap and a Bear, the reason i earlier said BOYA Bear is because thats what i called my bear, as a tribute to B2s rubbish gimmick with great catchphrase.

My seat is excellent ... for ice hockey. Now it's just pretty good (SECTION 90). Not that I'm complaining.

Shame our seats are to good to have a photo, oh well.

Someone who was selling tickets on Ebay a while back had a photo from SECTION 8 or something like that up. It wasn't there anymore though.

Hi guys!Just had an email from The bloke who is runing the ROH bus trip below is the email:

Hello all,Just wanted to drop you an email letting you know (if you don't already), that Ring of Honor's event on March 13th on Wrestlemania weekend went on sale via Ticketmaster.com.  For those of you who want ringside seats, you would be advised to order them there.  If you end up ordering a ticket to the evening show via ticketmaster, we will obviously reduce the price of the bus trip.As of right now, the plan is to start taking orders for the ROH bus trip on January 15th, 2004.  We'll accept payments via paypal.com or international money order.  The trip will include round trip trans to the show, admission to the afternoon convention, and the evening show.  We try to toss in a few surprises as well.  I have been told by ROH management they are also planning on some special events that will take place during the convention- if you wish to attend those, you can just buy a ticket the day of the convention.  As some of you know, Roddy Piper will be at the convention.I have heard rumors of a Friday night wrestling event in the NYC area for Wrestlemania weekend as well.  If I know for sure what is going on, I will send out info to all of you.If anyone needs any advice about NYC sites, etc.  Please feel free to toss me an email. Please pass on the word to anyone else traveling into the NY area about the trip as we'd like to help as many fans as we can get to ROH. Mike Johnson

Hope it helps!

Guest webmastfowrestlegame

I'm not going to the ROH show - most of my friends and I are treating this as a holiday with some wrestling (WMXX and RAW) involved. By the sounds of it, a lot of others are treating as a wrestling holiday, which is cool as it is what I did for WMX8.But my Saturday night on March 13th will be mostly spent getting drunk.

surely the wwe wouldnt screw us over would they? i expect the meet greet etc to be pretty good, cos A) its there biggest show ever and they arent gonna want bad publicity, and B) they arent gonna let all there fans goto ROH and lose all that money

Guest webmastfowrestlegame

I don't wish to bring bad news, but WWE is very tongue in cheek when they say 'meet and greet'. More like wait in a queue for 30mins and then get 4 wrestlers autographs before moving onto another queue.At least, that was what it was like at WMX8.

On regards to this 'big show' on Friday night. Iv just read on MLW's Official website that there running the Rex Plex the night before Ring Of Honor on the 12th. So its as follows.Friday:MLW (Rex Plex)Saturaday:Ring Of Honor (Rex Plex)Sunday:Wrestlemania (MSG)Sounds like a fooking good wrestling weekend (i wont go to both Indy shows though), maybe add Raw to the mix and thats looking like the ultimate wrestling trip. Im glad our plan is to go for a week so we can get some sightseeing in as well.

Guest CJ Brown

All these shows popping up, blimey, as if there isnt enough to do anyway, i think MLW have got the betterdate though, there will be no WWE event on the friday i dont think.

WrestleMania XX will be the 18th and final time dopper will see the WWE live. :(

There are a few different reasons I've come to this decision. A major one is the expense of trips to America or Canada for a weekend. I'd have to work in a video shop in Huddersfield to carry on doing this every year! ;)

I also believe that unless another huge boom period for pro-wrestling comes along, no other PPV will measure up to WM-XX for a fair few years. The history surrounding the event along with dream matches and five hour duration meaning the majority of the roster should get a look in will separate it from any other WWE events for a while imo.

Self indulgance time ... :blush:

Forgetting I've already been to 3 U.S. ppvs, I'll ask myself two hypothetical questions:

1) If you could see WWE in ONE American arena, which would it be?

2) If you could see ONE WWE ppv out of the whole year, which would it be?

Answers: I'd go to Madison Square Garden to see WrestleMania.

The fact that it is the 20 year anniversary adds to the allure. I really feel that any shows after this one will end with me going, "Yeah it was good, but nowhere near as good as WM-XX"

So that's gonna be it for me, but I've seen some amazing stuff over the past 11 years.

I have seen:-

- 148 WWE matches

- matches involving 172 different wrestlers

- every WWE Champion of the last 25 years wrestle at least once, except Sid.

- 18 title changes

- a TLC Match, Streetfights, a Handicap match, 2 out of 3 falls match, Hardcore Matches, Triple Threat Matches, Four Way Dances ...

- live appearances from Motorhead, Drowning Pool, Saliva, Prince Naseem, Vinnie Jones, Lennox Lewis ...

- I became the first person to get a UKFF sign seen on a wrestling PPV.

- The second, third and fourth biggest crowds WWE have ever had (I think)

- the 1992, 2001 and 2002 PWI Match of The Year.

It's been a hell of a ride, but it ends on March 14th 2004. :love: