Your top 10 wrestlers of the modern era?

Lambeau Leap

Here are my Ten. And BionicRedneck, Im vocing my opinions here, thats what the forum is for so I not see why you are slagging off everyones opinions when it has nothing to do with you.Anyways...1) Kenta Kobashi2) Kurt Angle3) CIMA4) Lance Storm5) Chris Daniels6) HBK Shawn Michaels7) Bret Hart8) Ric Flair9) Owen Hart10) The Rock

Edited by V1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going mostly on the amount of enjoyment derived from matches involving them and bearing in mind I only ever really watched WWF, WCW and a little ECW, plus despise most US Indies and know nothing about Puro, here's the list, in no particular order:1) Ric Flair2) Shawn Michaels3) Bret Hart4) Dean Malenko5) Chris Benoit (Pre-WWF/E)6) Rey Mysterio Jr7) Eddie Guerrero8) Randy Savage9) Ricky Steamboat10) Steve Austin

Here are my Ten. And BionicRedneck, Im vocing my opinions here, thats what the forum is for

I thought a forum was for discussion.

so I not see why you are slagging off everyones opinions when it has nothing to do with you.

Show me where I slagged off "everyones opinions".

Remember Bionic, they are my opinions not your, so please no bitching  you utter, utter bumwhore.

You are a cantankerous barnacle on the hull of humanity and a sorry, shallow excuse for a human being. Fuck off back to WrestlingX and continue to produce the worst load of garbage on the internet.That was my opinion, so don't reply. That's not what message boards are for, right?Cock-jockey.

Surely Simon Diamond is more ridiculous than Jeff Jarrett.

That is calling someones opinion ridiculous.

RVD? As in Rob Van Dam?! As in that guy who wrestles on RAW every week?!! erm....Ha!....er.....erm......

Another example.And about the WrestlingX thing, I aint to bothered, because I agree with you, It isnt very well run and is probbaly just about the worst Wrestling site on the net. Im about to contact Lambert to tell him Im not writing for him anymore. Kurtos writes for it, which is a reason why it is so bad.And look, I dont come on here to argue. Im sorry I said what I said. I just cant be bothered to start a flame war. Hopefully the argument is over. Thanks.

1. Kurt Angle2. Chris Benoit3. Ric Flair4. Eddy Guerrero5. Doug Williams6. Steve Corino7. Ultimo Dragon8. Christopher Daniels9. HHH10. Bret HartI'll say now I'm bound to have left somebody out, but even if I have ma ability wise, these guys are all competitive to be in my top ten anyway, and maybe anyone's top 10. I left HBK out, basically because I'm not a big fan, and never have been.

Guest rage against the wwe

What is wrong with liking Jarrett & Simon Diamond??? :confused:
Nothing.
Oh, & by the way Bionic Redneck: you can say that SD & JJ are " ridiculous all you want...for I dont give two shit's what you think....as they are two of my fave's ;) as for Bobbin's: I take your comment as a joke :cool: V1: Thank's for stiking up for my opinion's :thumbsup: Truth is folk can critisize my fave's & dislike's all they want...cos I dont really give a shit ( I'm a pretty laid back person you see :sleeping: )

Guest rabitvideo

1. Chris Benoit2. Kenta Kobashi3. Keiji Mutoh4. Chris Jericho5. Ulimto Dragon 6. Jystin Liger7. Kurt Angle8. RVD9. Steve Austin 10 Ric FlairNOW THAT IS A LIST WOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Eddie GuerreroKurt AngleChris BenoitMalenkoTazzRic FlairBretHHHChristopher DanielsJerry LynnCorino should prob be in their too

Edited by 4:20

• Paid Members

What is wrong with liking Jarrett & Simon Diamond??? :confused:
Nothing.
Oh, & by the way Bionic Redneck: you can say that SD & JJ are " ridiculous all you want...for I dont give two shit's what you think....as they are two of my fave's ;)
Just before you start a War. Let me side with Mr Redneck.Jarrett & Diamond might be your favourites, but I think Bionic Redneck was pointing out (like Bobbins) that they have NO place on this list. Diamond is very talented and very entertaining in TNA at the moment, but on a list of greatest in ring workers, he'd struggle to make the top 200.You've got people here bleating on about this being a discussion forum, yet slagging anyone who disagree's with them. You can't do that. Sorry.And I can't believe I left off Dibiase. Sorry Ted.Rick

Ok i do not realy follow much Jap or Mexican wrestling but what i have seen i like:Jun AkiyamaKurt AngleChris BenoitDoug WilliamsCiberneticoAJ StylesLow KiPaul TravellChris JerichoFlash Barker

My ten favourite/best wrestlers of the modern era...in order....1) Shawn Michaels, For me he is the absolute pinnacle in this business, he told the story and put on **** to ***** matches constantly. In all his years of wrestling, (in WWF/E at least), I have only seen one pretty poor match he had, that being Armageddon 2002 against Triple H. However, being in there with HHH didn't help very much.2) Bret Hart, If you loved Shawn Michaels in the mid 90's it was almost a foregone conclusion that you didn't like Bret Hart and vice versa. Personally I loved both. However, being a top 10 based on in ring ability, I have to choose Shawn before Bret. You don't have to agree, but that's my opinion.3) Owen Hart, Again, another wrestler who very very rarely had a bad match. Perhaps the best tribute I can pay to him in wrestling ability is that 1999 was far too soon. Sure it's been done over the last 4 years, but still - Owen Hart....R.I.P.4) Steve Austin, If he wasn't one of the best things in wrestling he was always one of the best kept secrets as far as the early - mid 90's are concerned. Austin had an abundance of charisma and ability which never failed to entertain me.5) Ric Flair, The guy had everything a wrestler could have. Used to be my Number two, but his comebacks over the past 5 years have really brought down his legacy. Which is a shame.6) Ted Dibiase, I think I read somewhere saying that Dibiase could've been the WWF's answer to Ric Flair. Oh how I agree, possessed great psychology in the ring and had the right attitude to his wrestling. Always tried to entertain, again, rarely did he not in my eyes.7) Brian Pillman, Austin's tag team partner in the Hollywood Blonde's of the early 90's. Always had good matches as Flyin' Brian in the lightweight division and later his metamorphasis into the Loose Cannon shows the depth in which Brian could use to become one of the very best.8) Chris Benoit, A guy who can achieve a standing ovation from a crowd when he isn't nescassarily the most over person, ( i.e. Royal Rumble 2003), just goes to show how great his in-ring work is.9) Randy Savage, I didn't see the WrestleMania III match Vs Steamboat until 1994, however that only goes to add to his already legendary status I percieved of him. As the years went on his performances were deteriorating, however you could still see the Macho Man of old at times. Something I can say other legends like Hogan and Piper didn't accomplish.10) The British Bulldogs, yes thats correct both Davey Boy and Dynamite. Growing up watching their Tag matches were way ahead of the time to say the least. Being that they are actually British it always got me watching more, wanting them to win because of their flag.There are so many that I could have added, from years ago names such as, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Sting, Curt Hennig, The Steiner Brothers, Mick Foley and Rick Rude to recent stars such as, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Christian, Raven, Jeff Jarrett, Chris Daniels and Matt Hardy.One things for sure though, in some way, shape or form all these men have given me the many hours that I have got from enjoying wrestling. I may not be clued up on the indy scene or the Japanese market, but that is for others to write down. For me, I couldn't have wished to be born in a different era to the one I have been brought up in.

• Paid Members

Truth is folk can critisize my fave's & dislike's all they want...cos I dont really give a shit

The main point of this forum, as has been said many many times by many different posters, is to create discussion. Instead of getting all defensive when somebody disagrees with your views, why not attempt to justify the views and explain why you expressed them. If everyone reacted like that when their opinion was questioned this forum would die out because every single thread would degenerate into a flame war. If you post in a thread like this, you should expect someone to question your choices and, ideally, you should be prepared to, as you put it, stick up for your opinions.alternatively, we could end up with a forum like this..post0r: Kurt angle is the best wrestler ever.CyberYokel: Ha! No he isn't, why would you say that?post0r: Fuck you!!! Its my opinion!!111 I am allowed to say it and its none of your business!!!Moddish: *sigh* Thread closed. Wonderful. :/