Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 15 Author Paid Members Posted May 15 24 minutes ago, Supremo said: Conor McGregor must surely be sending the feelers out to MVP and Netflix. Not that I want to ever see that washed rapist again, but this is the perfect environment for him in 2026. And I think it’s for that exact reason that the UFC are in no rush to have McGregor fight again. From what I’ve read and heard he’s got two fights left on his UFC contract and I think they know he’s gonna fuck off when the deal is up. There was a time not too long ago when he was popping up at seemingly every Bare Knuckle show, he was ringside at Boxing shows literally trying to pour his shitty Irish stout into Anthony Joshua’s gob, sat next to Ronaldo clearly boring the head off him etc. You know where you never ever see him, at UFC events. I genuinely can’t remember the last time he was in attendance for a UFC show. He actually might not have appeared on a UFC broadcast since the night Poirier left him a one legged, screaming mess being stretchered out of the cage. I think it’s obvious that the UFC have been deliberately icing him to delay him going elsewhere. He’s not blameless either of course. He’s a shambles and even when they did book him against Michael Chandler in 2024, he pulled out with a sore toe. The talk now is that he’s gonna headline the July card against Max Holloway. I’ll believe it when I see it. And I hope we don’t see it. I hope the prick never fights again but I suspect we’ll see it at some point. No doubt by the time the UFC actually let him go though, he’ll be in his 40s and no use to anyone. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 15 Author Paid Members Posted May 15 If you didn’t already think Carano was gonna lose, she’s revealed today on Twitter that she’s lost 100lbs since September 2024. One hundred pounds! So she was around 240lbs about 18 months ago? Jesus fuck. Even thanked Ronda for “waiting patiently while I lost this weight”. She obviously didn’t mean to do it but this makes Ronda look terrible 🤣 what a shameless cherry pick. Just picturing Ronda back in 2024, seeing Carano struggling to walk around, at the same weight as your average male Heavyweight. And she suddenly goes ‘maybe it’s time to come back to MMA’. Then tells everyone she’s done after this one. So she’s never fighting Cyborg, or doing the Holm rematch, or fighting Kayla Harrison despite talking a bunch of shit about her for no reason out of the blue. Plenty to say but no intention of actually fighting any of them. No. But watching Fat Gina ween herself off the cake and come back at 44 years old after a seventeen year layoff? Yeah, she’s up for that. Quote
Dai Posted May 16 Posted May 16 Takes the cherry picking skills of Jon Jones in heavyweight to a whole new level. I think she would definitely do a rematch with Gina, but nothing else. Zingano is on the broadcast table for this one, and dont think she would even risk fighting her. Theres been three pages of hype for a Ronda fight, but not a single mention of Edmund at all. As far as I remember, he didnt even make the cut for Wands excellent write up. I assume Ronda isnt bothering to spend money on him coaching her this time around? Anyone know if hes been up to anything interesting since Ronda left? I assume hes popped up somewhere this last week. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 Edmund's not involved: https://sports.inquirer.net/676581/ronda-rousey-returns-to-mma-with-stronger-support-system Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 Lovely touch having Cain up there for the weigh-in. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 16 Author Paid Members Posted May 16 Yeah I didn’t even deem that stain Edmund worthy of a mention. I probably should’ve though during the ‘Ronda’s downfall’ bit because he was a big reason for her false sense of confidence in her striking. 58 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: Lovely touch having Cain up there for the weigh-in. Can definitely see him fighting on a future MVP card. Not sure I like it after such a massive layoff but you know they’re gonna throw a big figure at him to rematch Francis or something. They need big names if they’re gonna do any more shows with Netflix and Ronda once again doubled down at the weigh in that she’s done after this fight. Really looking forward to this now. Here’s the weigh in face-offs for the main card… There was a 37lb weight difference between Ngannou and Lins. I don’t think there was a soul picking Lins anyway but Ngannou really has no business losing a fight like this, does he? I don’t think he does but if he somehow loses to a ham and egger like Lins, I don’t see a way back from that. He should splatter Lins in a round really. Looking forward to getting my first proper look at Parnasse and Cross. JDS is probably getting chinned sadly. That’s most likely gonna be a bit of a downer to kick off the main card. Prelims aren’t blowing me away just because I don’t know a ton about most of the fighters but Moraes vs Nkuta is a solid fight. Assuming we get the prelims on YouTube over here, I’ll give it all a look. For the main card I’m going with Rousey by first round armbar, Diaz by late sub in a fun but absolute mess of a fight, Ngannou by first round demolition job, Parnasse just based on bits I’ve seen and read but not sure how, and Despaigne by early KO. Quote
Dai Posted May 16 Posted May 16 (edited) 1 hour ago, Egg Shen said: Lovely touch having Cain up there for the weigh-in. So not only is Lins nowhere near an elite fighter, he's actually going to weigh less than what a 205er does come fight time. Looking at that weigh in pic, and seeing Carano look like a middle aged mother going to a cross fit class, my main prediction for the fight is that Ronda is winning it within 2 minutes. Going to be more one sided than the Francis fight. Edited May 16 by Dai Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 (edited) 18 hours ago, Dai said: Carano is in her mid 40s and hasn't fought in nearly 17 years. Don't think any other fighter in history can come close to that by comparison. She should be getting smashed within a round. Phrasing I wonder if Rousey's doing this so she can retire on a win? Pure armchair psychology, of course, but seeing as she was an elite athlete used to winning a lot, and for whom mental health has had a particular influence in life, it may be she really needs a sense of closure so she can move forward with the rest of her life. In this regard, I hope she gets it. Looking at those pics with Cain, part of me wonders if it's Jake Paul trolling Dana, saying "See, we've got our own bald bloke, who looks better and has actually been a fighter". Edited May 16 by Carbomb Ian Walker Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 Ive had a stab at JDS at 5/1. Crazy odds really when you consider how bad Despaigne was exposed in his UFC run. If Junior is smart he could probably have a fairly easy night here. Despaigne lost to Austen Lane for fuck sake. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 16 Author Paid Members Posted May 16 (edited) 2 hours ago, Egg Shen said: Despaigne lost to Austen Lane for fuck sake. Forgot about that 🤣 really hope JDS wins, I think I’m expecting the worst as a defence mechanism though. Preparing myself for the worst. Definitely no drug testing for this card is there? No surprise there but I noticed everyone in the top fights looks in great shape. Like, unusually great shape given a lot of their ages and inactivity. JDS looks more jacked than he did in his prime etc. Even Nate looks in better shape than I’ve seen him in years. Edited May 16 by wandshogun09 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 Yeah, Nate looks in the best shape he has in years. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 The prelims stream on Youtube remember, here's the link, 11pm start. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 16 Author Paid Members Posted May 16 These are the main card start times as well… 2am for us so probably be around 4-4:30am-ish for the main event. Doubt I’ll be catching any of the main card live. Hopefully Netflix don’t have anything spoiling it tomorrow when I stick it on. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 Netflix has been pretty spot on so far avoiding spoilers with their sports content Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.