If only they'd come along now...

RedRooster

• Paid Members

Bam Bams a fantastic shout. As good as we was in both WWF runs I still don’t think they got the best out him in his own time. A vicious streak a mile wide with more chances today to let it out than he had then, far more lightweight babyfaces to batter… a great powerbomb to win most matches and a “special occasions only” moonsault… Christ, I’d have made him champion over and over.

• Paid Members

Going back to Regal, I think he lacked a main event style. He's great, don't get me wrong, but it's only as I've understood wrestling better that I've understood how good he was. But I can't think of a spot or match he did, outside of comedy, that got people out of their seats. He's an art house movie, not a blockbuster.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Going back to Regal, I think he lacked a main event style. He's great, don't get me wrong, but it's only as I've understood wrestling better that I've understood how good he was. But I can't think of a spot or match he did, outside of comedy, that got people out of their seats. He's an art house movie, not a blockbuster.

Yes and no. I'd say he would've been a good main event heel - an excellent one, actually, because he didn't pop anyone. He came across as a brutal, nasty bastard that you just couldn't root for, and therefore root for a face taking a beating off him.