Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 8, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted February 8, 2024 Dominik being so far ahead of Swerve here is quite surprising!
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 36 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Dominik being so far ahead of Swerve here is quite surprising! I think it might be because Strickland has been a great and reliable wrestler bell to bell for years, whereas Dom was so utterly awful not long ago, but has really come into his own as both a heel character and a decent wrestler. It's telling that he was trusted with Punk's first two matches back.
DavidB6937 Posted February 8, 2024 Posted February 8, 2024 2 minutes ago, air_raid said: I think it might be because Strickland has been a great and reliable wrestler bell to bell for years, whereas Dom was so utterly awful not long ago, but has really come into his own as both a heel character and a decent wrestler. It's telling that he was trusted with Punk's first two matches back. Yeah for me Swerve would fall more towards the wrestler of the year type rather than breakout.
RedRooster Posted February 9, 2024 Posted February 9, 2024 I went for Dominik partly because of the reasons @air_raid outlined. I also feel, while Swerve came into his own last year, that we’ll probably end up viewing 2024 as the year he truly broke out. Dominik found his identity as a shitbag heel, but we’re voting for this during a time of unexpected transition - as Swerve gradually moves from being a despicable heel to a top babyface. I hadn’t expected that, and given how good Swerve is as a heel, I’d expected that to be the long term direction for him. But given that it clearly isn’t, it feels like his journey is incomplete - and we’re still waiting for him to arrive at the inevitable destination of being AEW’s next big babyface. So because of that, weirdly, it feels like his breakout moment is yet to come.
Recommended Posts