UFC 299: O’Malley vs Vera 2 - Mar 9 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Didn't Plastic Caesar threaten to strip him of the belt for inaction or something? Sterling is probably the most fucked-over champ in history. He should've told White to fuck off, but maybe he didn't feel he had an option with that cunt breathing down his neck.

8 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Didn't Plastic Caesar threaten to strip him of the belt for inaction or something? Sterling is probably the most fucked-over champ in history. He should've told White to fuck off, but maybe he didn't feel he had an option with that cunt breathing down his neck.

There was talk of an interim title for O'Malley if he beat whoever they would have put in front of him on that date instead, but Sterling should have let them do that. At the end of the day, he was the champ. He should be able to say no to a three month turnaround in title defences. 

I bet if O'Malley goes through five rounds against Chito he wouldn't then agree to face Merab in three months.

• Paid Members

I must admit, were I in his position, I might have just defied him, and then fucked off to the PFL at the first opportunity. Hopefully more fighters will start taking advantage of the fact that there is now competition (monetarily, obvs) to tell White to do one.

• Paid Members

Fucking knew this card was too good to be true. Poirier’s out and apparently the contract wasn’t even signed but the UFC just went ahead and announced it anyway.

As of right now, Saint-Denis is hoping to stay on the card. If Poirier is still training like this tweet suggests then it seems like it’s a contractual thing not an injury or anything. Wouldn’t be surprised if Chandler gets shafted now after all his begging, and we end up with Poirier vs McGregor 4 instead 🤣

9 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Poirier’s out and apparently the contract wasn’t even signed but the UFC just went ahead and announced it anyway.

Ah, another classic from the Dana White Playbook. Announce the fight before the deal is signed, then if either fighter says, "Hey, hold...." Dana can quickly get in front of the media and deliver his "look. We can't make guys fight. If they don't want to fight, that's on them" spiel. 

• Paid Members

The truth has to lie somewhere in the middle here, or some kind of demand wasn't met. The UFC announced Poirier/Saint-Denis fight almost a month ago, and Poirier has quite clearly been in camp preparing. I don't think Poirier would have waited all this time to then say it wasn't going to happen.

7 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yep. And predictably, it’s working on some idiots acting like Dustin is scared. This sums it up.

Indeed. You can step into a cage to fight another dangerous human being almost 40 times, yet have your toughness called into question by a jacked-up boxercise coach who's only ever thrown hands with his wife. 

• Paid Members

It’s been Dana’s M.O forever. Announce a fight that’s still being negotiated but isn’t finalised yet, to weaponise the fanbase to pressure the fighters to take the fight on the terms you wanted. I’ll never forget the time he claimed Shogun Rua was so terrified to fight Glover Teixeira that he said he wanted to leave the UFC 🤣 

I’m seeing all sorts of ‘but Poirier accepted the fight, his contract is what it is’ takes but, like I said in the opening post, this fight really did little for Dustin. It was Benoit who had everything to gain from it. For Poirier to agree to fight a much lower ranked, dangerous but relatively unknown opponent in such a high risk/low reward situation, there had to be some kind of deal sweetener offered originally. Just guesswork but it’s probably a case of the UFC backtracking on that and announcing the fight anyway thinking Dustin would then have no choice but to just fight for his normal pay once the fight was put out publicly. And Dustin’s rightly told them to piss off. Just my speculation obviously but it’s got to be something along those lines in my opinion.

But Dana’s no doubt gonna insinuate that Dustin Fucking Poirier is a pussy now and a section of the fanbase (Dana arse lickers and McGregor fans who are still pathetically salty at Dustin and looking for any excuse to jump on him) are gonna lap that shite up. 

3 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

But Dana’s no doubt gonna insinuate that Dustin Fucking Poirier is a pussy now and a section of the fanbase (Dana arse lickers and McGregor fans who are still pathetically salty at Dustin and looking for any excuse to jump on him) are gonna lap that shite up. 

The only good thing is that, knowing what Poirier is like, he's going to give zero fucks what Dana or the online community thinks.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Dustin’s Twitter game is underrated. He takes the trolling in his stride better than pretty much any top fighter I’ve seen.

This was at the height of the COVID pandemic…

IMG_5036.jpeg.3c36fc3e80fb6552c3af6ce2eb5560b9.jpeg

On the Khabib fight…

IMG_5035.jpeg.83d76c3bc901939851ab72dbcc57bba2.jpeg

Responding to a ‘hilarious’ attempted zinger after his loss to Gaethje last summer…

IMG_5027.jpeg.11e5828be291c094b464a552b57d5eba.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Been really busy the past few weeks and fallen behind on the last couple of Apex cards but so glad this is just around the corner now! 

Another stacked card with some really meaningful fights. I think O’Malley gets his win back this time via tko. As much as I love Poirier I think it would be better for the devision if Saint Denis runs through him. Would really put him on the map and in title contention