• Paid Members

If anybody is in a Manchester area on the 15th or 16th of December I'm contemplating heading to the Trafford Centre Odeon for a lunchtime/afternoon showing. There's a 12.30 or a 3.30 showing, maybe the 6.30 as well, but I'd probably be doing that by train rather than by bus. It means I can visit my friend in Stretford as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It's been a couple of weeks, but today after I finished college I saw Godzilla Minus One was on at my local Vue, so I did what I needed to do in town, then trotted across to see it. I had the whole place to myself, although à mum did bring her child to see it, but they left when she realised it wasn't a "family" movie. 

It didn't tread any new movie ground, and you can see some of the stuff from a mile away, but it's still a heck of a movie. I had goosebumps when Goji turned up, and when he was doing his thing, but I could feel myself tearing up towards the end because let's not pretend that Godzilla isn't about the people at the end of the day. Well worth a watch. 

I just got out from seeing it and it's easily my fav Godzilla film since the original (from the few I've seen), I do kinda fear they'd go for a remake now but I can see it being good still if it follows this route.

And yeah it's the human characters that make this, but I could hear people becoming restless in the cinema during the very quiet talking parts.

Edited by Merzbow

• 3 months later...