UFC 292: Sterling vs O’Malley - Aug 19 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Id expect them to still go after Neal if Garry comes through this though.

The bad blood is only gonna escalate as well. And it’s Garry’s side who are mostly stirring it up. Wearing a t-shirt with Neal’s mugshot on it didn’t go down well.

IMG-2011.jpg

And now since Neal pulled out of the fight, a video is going around of Garry finding out Neal pulled out and someone in the background saying “his pussy hurts”. Given Neal’s past health issues that’s bollocks but you know it’s gonna just feed into the whole rivalry when Neal is healthy and good to go. It’s dickish from Garry’s side but it’s gonna create more interest when they eventually do fight. And I actually hope Neal chins him now. I’ve been back and forth when it comes to Garry about whether I like him or not, but the way this is all playing out just makes me wanna see Neal humble him.

• Paid Members

I'm picking O'Malley in the main event. I had no strong feeling on it until this week but I just think he pulls it off in some kind of crazy fashion. If he can avoid Aljo getting a takedown and taking his back, I think he'll win it by stoppage. 

I'm gutted we ain't getting to see Garry/Neal. I think Ian Garry should take care of Neil Magny with relative ease at this point. Part of me would like to see Magny grind this one out though. I've always sat on the fence with Garry, I don't know if I like him as a personality or not, but I can't help but feel i'd like to him knocked bag a peg or two. If he wins though, I want the Neal fight set back up.

Anyone dreading the Chris Weidman comeback? I just don't see that thing ending well. Weidman seemed well on the slide before that horrific leg break 2 years ago. A prime Weidman would have taken care of any version of Brad Tavares, but I just see Weidman struggling everywhere here. Tavares is the definition of solid and unless Weidman can score some kind of smothering top game decision I see him getting pieced up in one of those sad UFC performances.

Also, probably the first time a prelim has been given the Countdown treatment:

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Anyone dreading the Chris Weidman comeback? I just don't see that thing ending well. Weidman seemed well on the slide before that horrific leg break 2 years ago. A prime Weidman would have taken care of any version of Brad Tavares, but I just see Weidman struggling everywhere here. Tavares is the definition of solid and unless Weidman can score some kind of smothering top game decision I see him getting pieced up in one of those sad UFC performances.

Also, probably the first time a prelim has been given the Countdown treatment:

Big time. Little good can come of Chris Weidman putting the gloves on at this stage, other than helping his bank balance. I think Tavares will give him a hammering - which considering that he's exactly as you describe Ebb, solid - will tell us all we need to know about Weidman. Tavares himself is past his best, but Weidman has looked shot to bits for a long time now. 

I am saying aljo wins it however as much as I dislike Sean o malley he really does have a chin and strong hands I just don't believe he's got the ability to go past a third round but I guess we will see about that one way or another.

Also agree with the Chris wideman comeback it doesn't scream success