The Shield - 10 Years Old

Winston

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Spare a thought for my ex who painstakingly researched the seating plan for the O2 for when we went to see Raw or Smackdown and got us aisle seats (bloody expensive as well) as she was convinced they'd come down that aisle.

They broke up a month or so before.

I'm still a bit heartbroken by what Rollins did.

I had tickets to the NEC leg of a tour and when I saw the Shield was not part of the crew coming to Birmingham I very nearly shelled out tickets and travel for Nottingham the night before. Had I know how few chances to see them together I’d get, I’d have gone. For acts I never got to see during my time, there’s only really Scott Hall, Batista and The Shield as The Shield that I dwell on.

I wasn’t watching WWE so I missed the rise of The Shield entirely.  Reading about it, it seemed inconceivable that three lads from NXT were suddenly the hottest thing in wrestling.

When I finally saw them in a 6 man tag, my initial thought was that Ambrose was the most interesting character.  When he was all in black with his hair slicked back he looked really cool.

His AEW run has proved he’s one of the best but his solo run in WWE really was rubbish.  

Rollins I never understood, to be honest.

But Vince was right, as ever - Reigns was their next big star.  Had they bitten the bullet and turned him heel years before they’d have had even more years of him at his best.

——

With the three of them at the top of their respective companies, and WWE very respectful of Moxley clearly, it does raise some interesting possibilities in the future.

Can you imagine Moxley (AEW Champ) v Reigns (WWE Champ) at a cross-promoted PPV?  There’s money to be made there.

On 11/18/2022 at 9:54 PM, SuperBacon said:

Spare a thought for my ex who painstakingly researched the seating plan for the O2 for when we went to see Raw or Smackdown and got us aisle seats (bloody expensive as well) as she was convinced they'd come down that aisle.

They broke up a month or so before.

I'm still a bit heartbroken by what Rollins did.

For their first breakup?   When Seth joined The Authority?    Your memory's playing tricks on you if so, as the next Raw in London after The Shield broke up was 10 months later.

10 hours ago, The Dart said:

For their first breakup?   When Seth joined The Authority?    Your memory's playing tricks on you if so, as the next Raw in London after The Shield broke up was 10 months later.

More than likely.

Maybe she bought the tickets and then he immediately did it after, but it was definitely whatever one it was following the break up.