The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power

SuperBacon

1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

I bloody love this show. 

love that the wee hobbit girl is off on an adventure with a kindly old wizard, almost like it is foreshadowing future events. 

Thank Christ, I was beginning to think I was the only one!

It was obvious where it was going beforehand but everything from 'Call it a gift' was delicious. 

Despite the fucking hideous discourse around it, I've properly loved the last few episodes and genuinely can't wait for season 2.

These last three episodes have turned me around on the show. The moment Sauron basically started to wink at the camera in this last episode it felt like the show finally took shape. The triple ambush in the 6th episode was pretty neat too. Girl Frodo and OG Gandalf setting off at the end there was a great touch. Feels like proper Lord of the Rings now.

Did I miss something though? I saw a trailer for this weeks episode that had the Balrog in it.

• Awards Moderator
10 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

These last three episodes have turned me around on the show. The moment Sauron basically started to wink at the camera in this last episode it felt like the show finally took shape. The triple ambush in the 6th episode was pretty neat too. Girl Frodo and OG Gandalf setting off at the end there was a great touch. Feels like proper Lord of the Rings now.

Did I miss something though? I saw a trailer for this weeks episode that had the Balrog in it.

Yes, agreed. It definitely picked up for me in the last three episodes - it’s just a shame it took so long to get there. It’s still missing some kind of intangible Ringsy magic for me, but I’m glad I kept watching.