Stephen King

Chris B

So in conclusion there are plenty of good film adaptations of his books, but mainly the ones he’s not been involved with.

• Paid Members

The Running Man film is not even remotely like the book. The only similarities are that there's a game involved and it has a bit of running in it. The book isn't anything special though so it's no loss. There's no Professor Sub Zero for starters.

I really liked the new It movie even if it didn't quite truly capture the spirit of the book. The kids were all perfectly cast. Part 2 was horrendously shite though.

Edited by LaGoosh

12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I really liked the new It movie even if it didn't quite truly capture the spirit of the book. The kids were all perfectly cast. Part 2 was horrendously shite though.

I'm of the opinion that part one of the first It movie is a good a coming of age film as any of the 80s/90s coming of age films. The horror elements of it made it a bit different, I really liked it.

Part 2 of the first movie is much worse and has in my opinion one of the worst endings ever.

Never read the book and probably never will.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, TheHighlightReel said:

The ending of the film adaption of The Mist is one of the bleakest things I’ve ever watched. It’s great and wipes the floor with the ending of the short story. I think King himself agreed it’s the greater ending.

And he's wrong about that, too.

There's no in-between with the ending of The Mist. You either think it's one of the greatest or worst endings ever. Very much in the latter camp myself, my eyes still haven't stopped rolling about how pathetic it was. Rest of it was alright though!

• Paid Members

Yeah I also hated it. Such a cheap "haha gotcha!" moment. Which is a shame as up until that point it very much works as a dark but fun B movie throwback, especially if you watch the superior black and white version.