Khan vs Brook - Feb 19 🇬🇧 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Nice one. Recorded it to my Sky planner on Sunday but don’t know when I’ll get to watch it on there. My little lad’s got the remote now, and hours upon hours of his shit to go through in the planner. Not even 4 years old and he’s the man of the house now. Was wondering when it was gonna hit YouTube. I’ll watch it in a bit. 

Edited by wandshogun09

Really looking forward to this one now. I don't think I can split them apart for a winner.

Khan bringing in Terence Crawford's trainer is a shrewd move. Both have fought Crawford so will know pros and weaknesses.

Khan has almost had a 3 year layoff since his last fight and that was an exhibition bout. Brook has been about 18 months since his loss to Crawford.

Although he still has the hand speed, Khan's power at welterweight has been limited. He managed to stop Phil Lo Greco in 40 seconds and Billy Dib (a natural super-featherweight) but more competent competition has heard the final bell.

Brook the more natural welterweight, so is closer to the 149lb catchweight,  has strengths in timing and punching power.

Both do have weaknesses in punch resistance. Khan's chin and Brook's eyes. He says they are steel plated now but I can't see them ever being right after the Canelo/Spence fights.

• Paid Members

Yeah I’ll be paying for it. It’s not the best card but sod it. Looking forward to Khan vs Brook and, regardless of storms, my days of watching Boxing in pubs with all the Johnny Big Potatoes (Houchen ™️) are long gone. My sister and her fella are coming up from London tonight and staying at ours. My sister wants to watch it as well, so I’m ordering the fight, she’s bringing the drink and her bloke’s probably bringing a face like a smacked arse because he’s not into combat sports at all. 

• Paid Members

ive warmed to the undercard a little in the buildup, but this is all about the main event.

On the undercard, Natasha Jonas remains a massive favorite over late replacement Chris Namus. This despite Jonas moving up two whole weight classes for the fight, and fighting a girl who's natural at the weight. Camus has a good record and was a World Champion at the weight just a couple of years ago. I dont see this being plain sailing.

20220218_163352.thumb.jpg.fd6bbe7f93bddbdf0ff471e8d15055eb.jpg

45 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

I probably will, there are other ways but i cant be dealing with buffering and stuff cutting out.

That's my thoughts as well. Gone are the days when I'd fight with a stream that was available on four different links and I had to switch between them.

Nowadays it's a cup of green tea, and the pugilism in glorious HD.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

🙌🏻

so what's your official pick? ive felt Khan UD from outset, nothings really changed during fight week. Brook is very intense though, he's clearly more fired up than Khan.

Same. At the minute it’s just me and you picking Khan in the poll. Thought it’d be about dead even. It’s almost a coin flip at this point for me now though. And I still think Brook probably still has enough of a dig on him to put Khan in some bother. Plus he’s surely coming in more motivated than he has in years for this. But in the end, I think as long as Khan fights his fight, his speed might make the difference and for all the talk of his chin, I’ve always got doubts when it comes to Brook since he got both eyes caved in.

So yeah, Khan on points for me. But I’m actually hoping Brook wins. He’s chased this fight for so long now I think it’d genuinely crush him if he loses tonight. Khan’s had more of the spotlight and had the big fights in the US and achieved a lot. It’s a legacy fight for both just because of the history between them and all the buildup but I think a win here is bigger for Brook’s legacy than it would be for Khan’s. I’m not massively bothered about who wins though. I just hope it’s a good fight.