Khan vs Brook - Feb 19 🇬🇧 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I think Brook takes the defeat worse than Khan too, you can tell that this fight is eating away at him.

The weight is a big deal here too, Brook is being made to come to a weight he probably shouldn't be fighting at at this stage of his career. Brook looked dead against Crawford too when he tried to go back to Welterweight, and hes only being given an extra 2 lb here.

• Paid Members

Yeah I’ve read all sorts about the supposed ‘rehydration clause’ but you don’t know what to believe as it’s all rumours and everyone involved is vague on it. They’re probably not allowed to talk about it as part of the deal to get the fight on or some bollocks. 

I always thought Khan wins on points, now I not sure either of them could last the full 12 rounds unless basically throwing nothing throughout the fight. The narrative seems to be it's Brook's in the first half of the fight, Khan's in the second half. I can see why that be the case, but I'd also expect because of Khan's footwork and superior hand speed,  he wins a number of the early rounds from that alone. I'm typing this and I'm still unsure how it pans out, so sticking with Khan to take it on points in what hopefully will be a fun fight for people watching.

• Paid Members

Crikey, Kell destroyed him.

It was exciting as all hell, but it was all Kell Brook. Khan was hurt badly 7-8 times in 6 rounds, i dont really know how he didn't hit the deck. Just looking at the two in the ring, Brook just looked so much bigger and stronger than Khan, it ended feeling like a bit of a mismatch.

On the back of that, i really wanna see Brook vs. Eubank. 

I had absolutely no issue with the stoppage either, it was only a matter of time.

20220219_234643.thumb.jpg.285c3f05afd468583cc1fedc09655eb8.jpg

• Paid Members

This is what pure satisfaction looks like.

4D2806F0-2BDD-4052-B81F-86BC9C8F4EA7.jpeg

Really didn’t expect the fight to look like that. You knew it’d be exciting just because of their styles and the history and emotion going in. Great fight while it lasted and that first round especially was fantastic. But it turned into a complete battering and by about the third round you could see he was hurting Khan pretty much every time he laid a glove on him. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we hear some stories of what happened backstage in the next day or so. The whole glove changing thing, why it happened and was going on in the changing rooms, the cut they did to the reporter trying to get in was pure WWE. Then Khan completely botched his ring walk, i don't know if that was just because he was fed up of waiting, but it all felt really weird for a few minutes.

Its par for the course in big fights but i would like to know what happened exactly.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah don’t know if you saw Brook’s backstage interview after the fight but he started mentioning all the shenanigans during fight week but never went into great detail. The rehydration stuff with the weight and definitely the glove thing seemed mental. He even said someone was banging on his hotel room door at 3am the night before the fight to fuck with him! Like you say, that type of gamesmanship has always gone on in Boxing but it seemed even weirder for this. I like Khan but it did make me happy to see Brook come out on top. He’s probably had a nightmare of a fight week and you could see the relief on his face when it was all over. 

• Paid Members

i couldn't understand why Brook had to change his gloves in the ring, or how he put the wrong ones on in the first place. Sure we'll get more clarification in the next day or so.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Post-fight press conference here;

Nice to see them mostly squash the rivalry. Who knows how long it’ll last and the stuff about the weight demands and gloves will probably come out at some point but it’s weirdly nice to see them being more friendly.

Everything I’ve seen and heard from Khan since the fight is pointing towards him retiring now. He came across really well in this presser and just seems completely at peace and content with what he’s done in his career. And rightly so. Win or lose, for me he’s been one of the most consistently entertaining fighters to watch that we’ve ever had in this country. It doesn’t even seem that long ago he was winning the silver at the Olympics but that’ll have been 18 years ago this summer. He’s had a good old run, won titles, had the big fights, the ups and downs. This seems as good a fight as any to go out on and it’s looking like he will.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Brook call it a day after that as well, to be honest. I get that he looked really good last night but I think the opponent was what pulled that kind of performance out of him. I don’t think anyone but Khan gets him motivated going forward to get himself in that kind of shape and really put that level of graft in at this stage. I really don’t have much interest in this Brook vs Eubank thing, which is suddenly being talked about as some big long standing grudge match for some reason. I’d watch it but I’m not that arsed and I don’t think it’s worth Brook sticking around for. Let’s face it, Brook’s never gonna get a better and more fitting way to walk away handed to him than battering Khan like he did last night. Unlike Khan, I’ve got a feeling Brook will fight again though.

E7176CA2-0FE2-4DA1-A8CD-6E1080A484FA.gif

24FD6596-5620-4EA4-B25E-CE868430789C.gif

That puts that to bed then again. I think at this stage in his career Amir Khan was running on fumes.  He's taking big shots before in the past, got up and carried on, but here everything that touched him, wobbled him. The hand speed and quick feet went after round one. Kell looked invincible, nothing Khan landed, hurt him or even marked him. Their faces in the post fight press conference tell the story. Khan didn't throw a punch in the 6th round and took 15 power shots in the 5th round. Only thing they could do is stop the fight. Good to see them bury their differences at the end.

Kell is in a difficult spot now if he wants to fight on. He was campaigning at light middleweight, then dropped back down to welterweight for the Terence Crawford fight. Now he's not ranked at light middleweight anymore. Eubank Jr at middleweight is probably a step too far in weight.