WWE TLC cancelled, two PPVs in January

seph

• Paid Members

Source (WON / F4O)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would this be the first month with no "big" WWE show since March 1995? the monthlies started in May that year if I have it right...

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

March 2000 definitely didn't, Mania and backlash were both in April. Might have happened since.

Any year mania fell in early April until they ran double shows in a month, so 01, 05 & 06 all fall the same as 2000. 

That said if you break it down and attribute mania as the traditional march show built too in march (even if it technically fell in April) then you are going back to 95 for a such a long period between "ppvs" which they sort of aren't now anyway.

• Paid Members

A gradual reduction in the number of “non-PPV Network specials” (to call a spade a spade) to be followed by a small uplift in the number of lucrative Saudi shows, mayhaps?

Edited by air_raid

1 hour ago, seph said:

Source (WON / F4O)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would this be the first month with no "big" WWE show since March 1995? the monthlies started in May that year if I have it right...

You're wrong.   There wasn't one in March 2000, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014.