The PFL Thread 💰

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Didnt end up seeing the main card cause i got drowned in Boxing and UFC stuff. What a weird ending, guess they run it back at an even bigger arena next time? 

As for that weird KO. Has there been anything else made of that? It looked to me like Groguhe had a bit of a breakdown and just wanted to be knocked out. He walked out with no music, and didn't look interested before it started. I aint sure if it that was his style as much it was there was something wrong with the fella.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

As for that weird KO. Has there been anything else made of that? It looked to me like Groguhe had a bit of a breakdown and just wanted to be knocked out. He walked out with no music, and didn't look interested before it started. I aint sure if it that was his style as much it was there was something wrong with the fella.

Definitely had a touch of the Oliver McCall breakdown vs Lennox Lewis. Bizarre.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

PFL regular season kicks off Thursday on DAZN. Mishmash of regular PFL fighter and Bellator names that have crossed over. 

"Get your popcorn ready"

20240402_113542.thumb.jpg.b6b7795127d690f117b88cfe2fb04d37.jpg

20240402_113545.thumb.jpg.c10876661a6ff9df4f58049f81f0d732.jpg 

Blagoy Ivanov sneaking in there. I don't think id even seen that the UFC had let him go.

• Egg Shen changed the title to The PFL Thread 💰
  • Paid Members

Don’t wanna worry you @Carbomb but we discussed that not too long ago. You even called the PFL move!

On 11/7/2023 at 2:51 PM, wandshogun09 said:

This is a weird one. Taila Santos has been released from the UFC.

Don’t get it. Arguably should’ve got the decision against Valentina Shevchenko to become champion, then lost a close and competitive fight against Erin Blanchfield last time out. One of the better fighters in the Flyweight division. All I can think is that she asked for her release because there’s plenty of much worse fighters on the roster who keep getting another fight. 

On 11/7/2023 at 3:37 PM, Carbomb said:

Can only think that she's headed for the PFL - put it this way: if I were a young, upcoming, or non-main-event fighter in MMA right now, I'd be looking at the PFL for where I would seek to earn my fortune. It's quite clear that, unless you're someone the UFC values in particular, you're not going to earn that much in return for the hell you put your body through on their behalf. We saw that with the Mighty Mouse revelation.

• Paid Members

one little note for the old Pride-heads, tomorrow's main event is Team Fedor vs. Team Crocop. I'd imagine both men will be in the corners too.

R.jpg.4ee4547d5ed55d604e0bd7fcacb501be.jpg

• Paid Members

Decent opening week, not a great look for outsiders seeing that Blagoi Ivanov is having the fight of the night. There were a few standout performances though, Moldavsky looked great in the main event.

Really think the PFL's Women's Flyweight Division may be their most interesting. Really wanna see Dakota Ditcheva in with Carmouche, Velasquez or Santos. Ditcheva is blasting through everyone but there's an element of set up to all of it, given the format she's gonna have to fight one of the top women soon, going to be a massive leap.