Youtube Thread 2000

PowerButchi

3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

It’s no Silvervision opening but this brings back memories. The VHS opening we got on those first WCW tapes that came out in the UK. 

I still remembered the options for competition questions before they came up. Although this felt a bit like a trick question for me at the time considering Lex was actually in the WWF by the time I saw this.

IMG-2590.jpg

Also, you get a chance to win a competition to the fly to the US to see the Stinger defend his championship, yet the competition ends on June 30th, 1992, and he loses the belt to Vader on July 12th, then doesn't win a championship to defend in the US again for nearly two years.

Funnily enough too, he does regain the world championship, but it's on the British tour, so you're more likely to see him defend it in Ireland than anywhere else.

Kim Justice as ever delivers another extremely interesting documentary, this new one is about Rhonda Sing, who we'd more be most aware of as Bertha Faye. Turns out she had the quite the amazing career, love seeing stories like this where people you don't really have much of an opinion of, have this quite remarkable runs elsewhere.

Courtesy of an ECW show in 1996 that took place in a complex where a hockey match was taking place at the same time. 
Brian Lee and Bubba Ray Dudley fight throughout the venue and wind up on the rink, with Brian lobbing Bubba into the goal.

Clip starts as they are fighting in the crowd.

EC-dub! EC-dub! EC-dub!

A bit of history that was thought lost here, and maybe it should have stayed that way.. it's a fun little curio from 1994 with two actors I know zero about except that Danny also had a spell in TNA and looked pretty decent in Hogan's celeb wrestling show.

Edited by Merzbow

Wrestling YouTube/Song of the day crossover!!!

Here's 'Lie Down in Darkness' by A-ha. The video stars Buff Bagwell & Scotty Riggs and in a wonderful origin story, this is what lead WCW to putting them together to form the American Males tag team. So in a way we have A-ha to thank for WCW jobbers being left in critical condition. Lovely stuff!

CONTENT WARNING: Marcus Bagwell's arse.

Edited by Chili