This Weekend's Boxing (Dubois vs. Joshua 21st Sept)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

That can sod off Eggy old chap. 

Sunny Edwards v Bam Rodriguez is in some ways similar to last weekends Haney v Prograis fight. Edwards has a lot of skill but no power and Rodriguez has a bigger punch but probably less skilled. If Edwards is winning it will be on points. If Edwards can stop Rodriguez from landing then it could be a long night for Bam. Sunny is slicker than an otters pocket, it could be an interesting fight but if Sunny is as good as he says it could be very dull. 

That's the levels in boxing.

Bam landed 60% of his power punches going into the final round. A Rodriguez jab was more powerful than Sunny's best hook. Sunny threw a vicious 1/2 when Bam was goading him with his tongue out. Didn't even leave a scratch.

Sunny's boxing IQ was outmatched by Bam's speed, power and 7" reach advantage. Great action packed and skilful fight.

Day Of Reckoning full fight card:

Anthony Joshua vs Otto Wallin

Deontay Wilder vs Joshua Parker

Dmitrii Bivol ve Lyndon Arthur

Daniel Dubois vs Jarrell Miller

Jai Opetaia vs Ellis Zorro

Arslanbek Makhmudov vs Agit Kabayel 

Frank Sanchez vs Junior Fa

Filip Hrgovic vs Mark De Mori

One of the biggest cards ever from top to bottom in boxing history.

I'm going to have to pay for it and watch. Anyone else on here looking forward to it? Ordering it? 

Edited by Gooner

• Paid Members

The Saudi's don't need the money, I'm not paying. I'll go for a little dip in a stream instead. 

I think Wallin will beat AJ. A big tricky southpaw is the last thing AJ needs. 

Wilder will get to Parker after a rough start. 

Shame the IBF have stripped Opetaia, obviously don't need the sanctioning fee. Fair fucks to Ellis Zorro for taking the fight, but I hope the money is good because he is going to get murdered. 

Bivol will be too good for Arthur. The Saudi's need to throw money at the Bivol V Beterbiev fight next. 

Danny Dubious v Peddie Mercury will be spectacular for 3 rounds. Any longer than that it will be like watching Nathan Gorman fight himself. 

The rest apart from Sanchez v Fa are too difficult to spell to care about, not that I care about Sanchez and Fa. 

• Paid Members
On 12/17/2023 at 10:09 PM, Rossman said:

That's the levels in boxing.

Bam landed 60% of his power punches going into the final round. A Rodriguez jab was more powerful than Sunny's best hook. Sunny threw a vicious 1/2 when Bam was goading him with his tongue out. Didn't even leave a scratch.

Sunny's boxing IQ was outmatched by Bam's speed, power and 7" reach advantage. Great action packed and skilful fight.

It was a cracking fight. I couldn't understand why Sunny wasn't fighting like he usually does and utilise more movement but he admitted he couldnt do that afterwards because Bams feet were too good. He had to stand his ground. 

Bam could be on top for years, only 23 years old.

Great weekend of fights. Some crazy KO's too. 

On 12/19/2023 at 6:12 PM, Gooner said:

Day Of Reckoning full fight card:

Anthony Joshua vs Otto Wallin

Deontay Wilder vs Joshua Parker

Dmitrii Bivol ve Lyndon Arthur

Daniel Dubois vs Jarrell Miller

Jai Opetaia vs Ellis Zorro

Arslanbek Makhmudov vs Agit Kabayel 

Frank Sanchez vs Junior Fa

Filip Hrgovic vs Mark De Mori

One of the biggest cards ever from top to bottom in boxing history.

I'm going to have to pay for it and watch. Anyone else on here looking forward to it? Ordering it? 

If we were getting Wilder vs Joshua I might be more interested. But since we're not, I'll likely just stream it.

• Paid Members

the thing is scheduled to be on the for 8 hours! i'm quite thankful that i'm tied up tomorrow, i'll be watching Xmas Eve with the benefit of the fast forward button. I can do without watching the midshow concert.

As for the show, the bookies odds don't reflect it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2 big upsets on the night. I think Wallin, Parker and Miller all have legit chances of winning their fights. There's a couple of fights that are hard to call due to the underdog dog being a bit of an unknown quantity (Fa, Kabayel), the Bivol/Arthur and Opetaia/Zorro fights should only go one way but I have enought interest in the Brits to have me invested. The only outright one sided stinker here is Hrgovic/De Mori, i'm not quite sire how that's even been made.