This Weekend's Boxing (Dubois vs. Joshua 21st Sept)

Egg Shen

Unbelievable!!!

Dubois, wow. That was unreal and finished with a brutal knockout.  I'm assuming Joshua may not be as new ans improved under Ben Davidson then everyone was being told. What a fantastic performance from Dubois, unreal from the first round to the last second of the fight. 

On 9/10/2024 at 3:57 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

The Dubois/Joshua fight comes down to which Joshua is the real one. If he's the flat track bully his critics have always thought he was, who's scared of getting hit and leans back with his chin in the air at the sight of danger, Dubois will knock him out. If that was just a bad habit that Joshua shook after revisiting his entire style after the first Ruiz loss, he should win.

I don't want to be unkind, but I've never seen a cleaer example of someone just not wanting it than Joshua tonight. Absolutely did not want to be in a ring with Dubois, and despite a little rally just before the finish when he came forward, he seemed utterly timid and cautious all night.

Huge win for Dubois. Good for him.

Eddie Hearn saying immediately after the fight that it was a 'given' AJ would trigger the immediate rematch clause should tell you exactly what kind of man he is.

I can't imagine how anyone who cares about Anthony Joshua the person could watch that and think 'yep, let's run that back'.

There was nothing. No glimmer. No path to victory. Just a man who didn't want to be there getting bashed up by someone he should by all rights be better than.

It's done. It's over.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz