This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I thought Frank was going to do a spinarooni in the ring or something by the end. What a night for him.

He’s making Eddie’s life miserable on the flight back. The true ‘plane ride from hell’ for Hearn.

4 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

He’s making Eddie’s life miserable on the flight back. The true ‘plane ride from hell’ for Hearn.

This is all so bizarre. And if you switch off to the bleak fact that human nature is so shallow that even sworn enemies can be paid to be mates, its all very fun too.

I thought Frank was displaying shit chat, but the high five line was exceptionally well delivered.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I think everyone got this wrong, 5-0 Queensbury :confused: unbelievable.

Great night of fights though, thought every fight delivered in some way or another, it just goes to show what stakes and well matched fights can do. Cracking stuff.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah I imagine Hutchinson will happily take that. He was one of the standouts of the 5 vs. 5. What an absolutely mental accent though.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeah I imagine Hutchinson will happily take that. He was one of the standouts of the 5 vs. 5. What an absolutely mental accent though.

The only problem is that Buatsi is with Boxxer and Ben Shalom loves to pull out of a purse bid. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

It probably could have gone into the shit boxing thread, but Don King is back with another poundshop postered event this Friday. Adrien Broner is back!

King's events are my guilty pleasure in Boxing. Just a barmy cast of characters and random matchmaking in odd venues. This one is no different, the fight itself is not bad, Broner looks in good nick and Cobb's is a decent loud mouthed prospect. 

The event's press conference went viral yesterday after Broner apparently confessed to committing and getting away with murder whilst threatening to have his people shoot Cobb if he was disrespectful to him. Prior to Broner's arrival Cobb performed a ventriloquist routine on stage to the press.

don-king-broner-vs-cobbs-800x1280fit.jpg.88cdbfcf907ab085a6d989495741e4d8.jpg

Don King fight nights 😍

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊
  • Paid Members

Ha! The state of that. Proper 80s graphics skills. Also love the “PLUS FOUR TITLE FIGHTS”…which we’re not gonna give any poster space to because Don and his hair are taking up 1/3 of it. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

the original poster was better, the main event of the show was originally meant to be Mikaelian/Rozicki but there was an injury, Broner made up the numbers in the bottom right hand corner (read the small print) 😄

GNExZH6WcAARoBZ.thumb.jpg.cfebb1c9391dfe8ceaf0efe6edf7239a.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Utterly silly weekend of fights coming up. I didnt even realise Tank was fighting this weekend, snuck right up on me.

That and the Euro's this weekend, come on!

20240613_131135.thumb.jpg.ff0787b83ec61a501864a5200c8c4b48.jpg

20240613_131344.jpg.7a8bb247cc8f78cabe28d26b1e85c57a.jpg

20240613_131245.thumb.jpg.7b2cae51020d32d120297313067d4f97.jpg