This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

It was like watching someone chop down a tree with one swing.

Before the match Hayes was talking about watching Joshua do padwork and how he was punching through the pads properly. Well, he just punched through N'Gannou's head there.  I doubt N'Gannou will remember anything of that round.

• Paid Members

Shite UFC show this weekend so i'll be prioritising the boxing. Here's the slate:

Friday (UFC Fight Pass):

teaserbox_958466448.jpg.ca29df8aa8439c97614051467ddd9d25.jpg

Saturday (TNT Sports):

FB_IMG_1710461769800.thumb.jpg.9d9e88c4d95a9b5d2c5356219762c00b.jpg

Saturday (DAZN):

GEx8wEyWEAAtUBf.thumb.jpg.9fed974c4d977c0d79ab274cda7d117d.jpg

Lovely stuff

• Paid Members

I could’ve gone to that Magnificent 7 card. I was at the first one in 2010 or whenever it was, the night Enzo got ironed out by Frenkel in horrifying fashion. A couple of mates are going to tomorrow’s show and I kind of wish I was as well now but family stuff scuppered it.

• Paid Members

Yeah its a good looking show, i've got some family stuff on too so i'll be watching with the luxury of the fast forward button, gonna be a long one.

• Paid Members

Oh, didnt mention it in the initial post but Dillian Whyte is coming back on a lowkey show in Ireland on Sunday against professional punching bag Christian Hammer. I dont think hes fully cleared so is coming back on an Irish boxing license. Typical shadiness.

20240315_144017.jpg.fe723444f4f9a2648d7c31dcca9bcd99.jpg

• Paid Members

Poor old Maxi Hughes got absolutely destroyed by Zepeda, but he hardly had the ideal last couple of weeks preparation. 

https://www.boxingscene.com/maxi-hughes-deported-days-william-zepeda-fight--182182 

I'm not sure he would have done any better had everything gone perfectly as Zepeda looks like a punching machine. It will be interesting to see him in with someone with a better defence. Fair play to Hughes for taking a shot though. 

• Paid Members

Zepeda is that guy lurking outside of the World title picture that nobody wants to fight.

Only saw about half of the Magnificent 7 show but heard it went on until 1am again. Just why? They are basically sabotaging their own show running main events that late. I cant get my head around it.

• Paid Members

Yeah I gave in with three fights to go and watched the rest the next day. Joyce looked like Joyce, it's a real shame that Joe just doesn't have any speed about him. Hands, feet, thought all one paced and that pace is slow. He is just not going to make it at the top level. 

If you get chance to watch the Dillian Whyte highlights from the weekend then don't. The highlights last 3 minutes and half the time is Whyte calling Hammer a coward. The Texas State Athletic Commission will be proud.