MM@ Top Twitter

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Yeah hype and buzz wise, somewhere between 2003-2006 would’ve been the time it would’ve been the biggest. By 2007 it had lost a little bit of its lustre with them both losing their titles and coming off bad losses. But as far as fight quality went, you couldn’t have really asked for more. Sometimes I think it would’ve been better with a big KO or if it was 5 rounds but really I think it was perfect as it was. Especially in hindsight with Chuck’s rapid decline after. That was his last shining moment and there was something cool about them both emptying the tanks and both still standing at the end. Although the Wandy fan in me wishes he landed a knockout shot in the third.

There was a time I really wanted to see the rematch but I think it being a one off makes it more special looking back. They’d have most likely never been able to recreate how great the first one was and Chuck’s chin was absolutely dead by 2008 after the Rashad KO, so a rematch probably would’ve just been a one minute slugfest with Wand sparking him just by having a bit more durability by that point. As much as I wanted Wand to get that win back, watching Chuck post-Rashad was just sad. So yeah I’ve waffled. I can talk about this fight forever. But them just having that one classic and the way it played out was perfect. 

02D39BDB-3B50-4F78-AD1C-2B2C863DB8FB.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Of all the fighters ive seen fight in MMA, i think its Chuck's reputation that got hurt the most for me personally as he declined. I have to remind myself of how fearsome and scary a fighter Chuck was in his prime, and i witnessed most of it as it happened.

Need to go fire up some Chuck highlights.

• Paid Members

New Year’s Day and Ariel Helwani murdered Dillon Danis on Twitter. Don’t know what triggered this but I like it. Been sick of Ariel for a while but I’m fully on board with this. 

E5576EB8-3EA6-42EB-B09B-ECB47B7B9C2C.jpeg

FB325F4C-E647-4426-90C5-57E951315074.jpeg

05339D94-DFE5-4B0B-9F20-F17AB483B2F5.jpeg

Surprising though because Ariel’s usually got his nose well up McGregor’s arse. You wouldn’t think he’d publicly have a pop at McGregor’s little cheerleader like this. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Someone’s found an old article on the Lee Murray vs Tito Ortiz scrap in the wee hours after UFC 38 back in 2002. I’d read Pat Miletich’s account before and obviously heard Tito’s version of it but I’d never seen those quotes from Murray before.