All the hallmarks of a wrestling fan

simonworden

At the gym today I was recommended a playlist for working out. Half the songs had been used for WWE ppv themes or promos including "Hail to the King" by Avenge Sevenfold, we also had that annoying "Stop Running, Stop Running" song that used to finish off the WWE YouTube videos. Everything about the playlist stunk of the creator being a wrestling fan and it got me thinking of times I've seen wording or signage that's given me the same impression. 

Has anyone else form across things that have no direct connection to wrestling but blatantly the creater, writer, designer etc is one of us?

Being a WWE or "actual wrestling fan" should be classed as the same here 

• Paid Members

I always display a big grin whenever I hear a wrestling reference in a song.

Some of my favourites;

"I Jake the Snake ‘em, DDT ‘em in mausoleums" - 'Blockbuster Night Part 1' by Run The Jewels

"I'm like Stone Cold Steve Austin; I put homophobes in coffins" - 'COLOSSUS'  by IDLES

"Ask where he from then leave his dome roofless. Sweet Chin Music kick back, gruesome" - 'Blue Suede' by Vince Staples

"I just wanna spend 4:20 with Rihanna. Throw her over my shoulder then bring her back to my island, then put her legs over my head like a Hurricanrana." - 'Vacation' by Flatbush Zombies

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I always display a big grin whenever a I hear a wrestling reference in a song.

Some of my favourites;

"I Jake the Snake ‘em, DDT ‘em in mausoleums" - 'Blockbuster Night Part 1' by Run The Jewels

"I'm like Stone Cold Steve Austin; I put homophobes in coffins" - 'COLOSSUS'  by IDLES

"Ask where he from then leave his dome roofless. Sweet Chin Music kick back, gruesome" - 'Blue Suede' by Vince Staples

"I just wanna spend 4:20 with Rihanna. Throw her over my shoulder then bring her back to my island, then put her legs over my head like a Hurricanrana." - 'Vacation' by Flatbush Zombies

Pfft... and not one mention of Five in there.

Footballers celebrating by doing wrestling moves/poses alwas makes me grin

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Footballers celebrating by doing wrestling moves/poses alwas makes me grin

I can't find any evidence of such, but I'm certain that Trevor Benjamin got booked for doing a spinaroonie in about 2003.

Archived