A great UKFF sweepstake

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Unfortunately the company always assumes that "wins belt = main eventer" and negates any prior conception that the wrestler is either inconsistent/midcard or at worst a complete fucking loser. Worst examples for me being Bradshaw, Swagger and Jinder. McIntyre can lose a feud-ender cleanly to Balor or Ziggler clean as a sheet on the same night as he cashes in but as long as he puts (for instance) Rollins down for the count, they'll assume it's fine and also that logically it sets up the guy he lost to as the first challenger.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Grecian said:

I'm going for Zack Sabre, signing on big money to keep him out of All Elite and winning the WWE title at Summerslam 2020.

Zack leaving New Japan or not would have, I imagine, bugger all to do with Elite. And I think WWE's attitude to him will stay "sod you then" for a while after the CWC fiasco.

39 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Zack leaving New Japan or not would have, I imagine, bugger all to do with Elite. And I think WWE's attitude to him will stay "sod you then" for a while after the CWC fiasco.

All of which makes my sweepstake win all the sweeter.

7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Isn't it funny that the UK has never had a WWE "World" champion but Ireland have had two. Presume it's because Vince is Irish and he likes his fellow countrymen.

How many have had title matches?

Bulldog.
Barrett
Neville

Mcintyre
Did Regal ever have one?
Is that it?

• Paid Members
On 1/14/2019 at 11:45 AM, tiger_rick said:

British

18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Seamus

If you think this is wrong, it's political correctness gone mad.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Isn't it funny that the UK has never had a WWE "World" champion but Ireland have had two. Presume it's because Vince is Irish and he likes his fellow countrymen.

That's the conclusion I've reached when I've thought about it in the past.

I'm so glad they didn't stick it on Barrett in late 2010 after all. First British world champion in WWE (and in any major promotion when it was worth more than two shits), and all part of a Cena/Orton/Nexus angle. Would've been a waste. Probably because Bulldog becoming IC champion was such a MEGA deal, the bar is set.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm so glad they didn't stick it on Barrett in late 2010 after all. First British world champion in WWE (and in any major promotion when it was worth more than two shits), and all part of a Cena/Orton/Nexus angle. Would've been a waste.

Timing was wrong for Barrett then but they were still going to do it later. He was slated to win MITB at Mania 27 and when he got injured rather than come up with a plan B they just didn't bother holding one (and subsequently never have again at Mania).

....... Do I need to stop mentioning this? Feel like it's come up a lot and you all already know.

Archived