What's the deal with Neville?

RancidPunx

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mim731 said:

I could 100% see him walking out after the new champion is crowned to challenge the winner to a match at WK. 

This would make the most sense, probably. At the very least it would provide a fresh match in the Junior division, because at the minute I can't see past anything other than a multi-man spotfest similar to what we saw earlier on this year. Neville taking the belt from KUSHIDA at the Dome sounds like a good idea.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

This would make the most sense, probably. At the very least it would provide a fresh match in the Junior division, because at the minute I can't see past anything other than a multi-man spotfest similar to what we saw earlier on this year. Neville taking the belt from KUSHIDA at the Dome sounds like a good idea.

I'm not sure I wouldn't go Neville/Ospreay, feels like the money match to make for the Dome. 

7 hours ago, mim731 said:

I could 100% see him walking out after the new champion is crowned to challenge the winner to a match at WK. 

Checks out alright. Winner gets it. Video package plays. He makes the challenge. I know the last two Power Struggle shows had a buzzword that was built up for it. 2016 had The Ticking Timebomb which was revealed as Hiromu Takahashi and 2017 was Switchblade that was revealed as Jay White's new persona after coming back from his learning excursion. Could work well for him to be this year's one to base his new persona on. So new Champ could defend there for him to reveal himself.

• Paid Members
On 8/25/2018 at 3:34 PM, eugenespeed said:

For what it's worth, Will Ospreay has just tweeted "Give. Me. PAC." 

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

I'm not sure I wouldn't go Neville/Ospreay, feels like the money match to make for the Dome. 

Think we might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting.... well yeah, 4 actually.

If Neville/Pac/Ben/whatever gets an offer from New Japan, and since Ishimori obviously isn't in it for the haul that division badly needs new blood, this is the match they'll put on Kingdom.

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

I could see that, but I think that's a match that we've got far higher a chance of seeing over here. Neville vs Ospreay being promoted for RevPro for example would be a far bigger deal over here than it would in Japan, compared to the potential clash of KUSHIDA/Neville which NJPW could see as being a dream match with Neville's junior success in DG and WWE.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

I could see that, but I think that's a match that we've got far higher a chance of seeing over here. Neville vs Ospreay being promoted for RevPro for example would be a far bigger deal over here than it would in Japan, compared to the potential clash of KUSHIDA/Neville which NJPW could see as being a dream match with Neville's junior success in DG and WWE.

Ospreay is king of that division while Hiromu is injured. I love Kushida to bits but he's not "the man." Ospreay v Pac would definitely be bigger here than it would be in Japan as the two conquering heroes fighting each other at home, but Kushida's been on the back-burner forever. After everything they've booked in 2018, your big players in that division are Takahashi and Ospreay. Makes even more sense to have Chaos take the belt into Kingdom if they fall prey to temptation to stick Pac in with The Golden Elite, as others have speculated.

Archived