Pagan traditions on December 25th

TheKayfabeMonster

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kids will be up at the crack of dawn to open their presents, then I'll have the family around, cook a big meal, we'll all eat to excess, enjoy each other's company, exchange gifts and we'll all have a thoroughly nice time like the cunts that we are.

You aren't wrong to observe your own beliefs, but if you're being a) preachy or b) vocally judgemental of others (which judging by the way your work colleagues were with you I'd say it's a pretty good chance of one or both being true) then you are way in the wrong. Also, a bit of a dick.

46 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

The kids will be up at the crack of dawn to open their presents, then I'll have the family around, cook a big meal, we'll all eat to excess, enjoy each other's company, exchange gifts and we'll all have a thoroughly nice time like the cunts that we are.

You aren't wrong to observe your own beliefs, but if you're being a) preachy or b) vocally judgemental of others (which judging by the way your work colleagues were with you I'd say it's a pretty good chance of one or both being true) then you are way in the wrong. Also, a bit of a dick.

I am not preachy or judgemental at work. Religion is out of bounds when i am there, for me at least!
My colleagues on the other hand will bring up my faith when it suites them. It's not my fault that they choose to see my "Bonus at Christmas" as a "Christmas Bonus".

I would love to have the company of a brother or two at work, instead of being surrounded by non-believers who take pleasure in making feel awkward about my beliefs.

31 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

So, at work, you once mentioned that you're a JW? And since then, your work mates make fun of you and question you when you accept a Christmas bonus? If that's actually what's going down, I suggest you go to HR.

It is only a small, privately owned business. No HR or even a canteen, the toilets are disgusting too! 

Everyone urinates in the same pot there, so on top of the remarks made to me about my bonus at Christmas, the likely outcome to any form of official complaint would probably deem me a "Grass".

Archived