Bobby Heenan Passes Away

pitseleh

I remember being completely in shock the first time I saw his HOF speech. I had fallen out of the loop for a bit from 2001-2004 as I was away at University so only saw the big events each year, so the last time I had seen Heenan was when he did the commentary for the gimmick battle Royale at Wrestlemania 17. I remember saying to my mate "fucking hell, what's happened to Bobby?", IĀ had no idea he had the throat Ā cancer, it was a proper shocker. It's incredible that he held on for as long as he did

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They had a bit of the old Bobby Heenan DVD playing on the Network last night - I remember back then, some seven years ago, thinking that it already felt like a eulogy, as if they didn't expect him to be with us when they released it. What shocked me was when they said he first found out he had the throat cancer in 1999.

• Paid Members

Heenan flying off on one about the WWF being renamed WWE during his hall of fame speech talking about how he's worked with a dragon that carried a lizard, two Bulldogs, Matilda another bulldog, the Junkyard Dog, a snake and then finishing and on commentary was a Gorilla and he's a weasel was absolutely sublime. Probably my favourite HOF moment ever.

Archived