The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

13 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

not have lame rappers get the crowd warmed up like a kids bday party,

Haha! That's a brilliant observation!

As pointed out, the difference in promotion is that UFC the organisation would be promoting it, not one of the participants.  This was the Mayweather show with a cocky Irishman playing a starring role.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Haha! That's a brilliant observation!

As pointed out, the difference in promotion is that UFC the organisation would be promoting it, not one of the participants.  This was the Mayweather show with a cocky Irishman playing a starring role.

It was brutal though.

"How's everyone in the back? You okay? Having fun? What about on the left? How you doin' tonight? And the right? And these people right here - how are you? Anyone here from Brooklyn? Anyone from Queens? Let me hear ya'll from Queens!! I invented hip-hop - how long has everyone been a fan of hip-hop? Remember when hip-hop was different? I do - and you do too, because I assume you all love hip-hop. Here's a sample of some old hip-hop that you don't know!"

Useless twat. That's how you piss off a crowd more.

Probably couldn't.

And plus Page is on Haye's books now.

Interested to know what UFC and Sky's relationship is now. UFC always wanted to be on Sky and when it last came up the acquisitions team had it wrapped up, only for the exec to tear the contract up because he thought it was beneath Sky.

Then McGregor really appeared, and I imagine the whole acquisitions team cried.

*edit* if I was Showtime/UFC, I'd tell ITV to take a run and jump. They've brought in the old guard commentators, talking about how they're 'not for it' but it's a spectacle. At least Sky have bothered to try and sound excited.

I've been pleasantly surprised at the distinct lack of condescension we've seen from boxing pundits, until now. These prats are talking about virtually every boxing fight they can in order to not discuss the biggest fucking combat sporting event of all time.

Sky Sports News are doing a cracking job at it, to be fair.

They aren't being condescending. They've got a boxer in who likes MMA, and Michael Page. Kirsty and Jim aren't pretending they understand MMA completely, but they seem eager to learn and quite excited. They're doing a great job of asking the questions people who don't follow UFC will be asking.

Really solid broadcasting.

Archived