UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs Dodson - Oct 1st

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brandon Moreno is from the current crop of Flyweights in TUF, he was ranked last out the 16 fighters but just beat a legit top 15 guy in Smolka, given the talent available at 125, I can see half the cast being legit top 20 guys and is probably the best season I have watched when it's came to talent since TUF 5. It just lacks the house antics.

Cowboy shouldn't be crotch chopping anyone first he's an adult plus he missed weight by nearly 6 lbs, he still looked good though as Will Brooks is legit, he's another of those guys who are too big for lightweight and too small for Welterweight.

I didn't really care who won the main event as while Dodson is annoying at least he makes weight probably a fair result though.

I prefer the 4 fight main cards for fight nights, they seem to fly by and are easier to watch, I understand Fox Sports 1 needs the ratings the UFC brings which is why they air the prelims etc.

• Paid Members

I prefer the 4 fight main cards for fight nights, they seem to fly by and are easier to watch, I understand Fox Sports 1 needs the ratings the UFC brings which is why they air the prelims etc.

Yeh, a 4 fight card is a nice little format. The broadcast lasts no longer than a football game. Bellator's usual format is the same, short and sharp.

Yeah I enjoyed the four fight format. I recorded the repeat from BT which also cuts out a lot of the shit between bouts and meant it could be watched in an hour and a half or so. 

Lineker v Dodson was very tough to score. I had Dodson edging it although I was very pleased Lineker got the nod. I'm very interested to see him fight Dominic Cruz. Really didn't like all the hand slapping and fist pumping between the two. Do that shit at the end of the fight.

Cowboy Oliveira was pretty disgraceful at the end of that fight, particularly coming in 6lbs over the weight. I'd fire him for that shit. Will Brooks showed a lot of guts carrying on when he was clearly in a lot of pain with his ribs. I hope he bounces back soon.

Two fantastic upsets to kick things off, no more than that Moreno kid guillotining Smolka. 

I loved DC on commentary, maybe more than Brian Stann and definitely more than Dominic Cruz and Dan Hardy. 

I prefer Florian. It's not what Hardy says, it's more his delivery i don't like...i also don't like the way he goes "Oooo" after any kind of decent strike lands.

Yeah, Hardy is a bit iffy I think. Saying that, him and Gooden are a fixture on the UK shows I think.

• Paid Members

Hardy is great in his analyst role on Inside the octagon. His breakdowns are great. I would even go as far to say that he could do something really good on BT's Beyond the Octagon. 

However, just like Cruz, he's not cut out for commentary. 

Archived