UFC Fight Night: Cyborg vs Lansberg - Sep 24

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They mentioned last week something about Kenny Florian and wishing him and his family well, I think his brother or something died.

I hate Florian & Anik together, sound too a like, I actually noticed Florian a few times in adverts for that robot wars programme, apparently he commentates on that, I think Mick Foley used to present it years ago.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think Cormier will be great, when's his turn?

He's well spoken like Cruz but he's not as boring to listen to and his voice doesn't irritate me. If you remember he actually sat in with the commentary team for the Jones vs OSP fight back in April and I thought he did a really good job of it. I think they could do with more guys like Cormier in there. The likes of Cruz and Florian, even Hardy, have fairly dull emotionless voices for commentary. I think DC will be ideal. It'll never happen but I've said before that I'd love to see Matt Serra do it as well. Fuck, Ray Longo would probably be great at it as well actually. Both know their shit, neither are ever boring to listen to and their New York accents would be something different on commentary. Bisping said this week, during his UFC 204 scrum, that he'd be up for doing some commentating as well.

• Paid Members

DC without doubt is the future for me.

He was superb in his stint for Jones vs OSP and as Wand says doesn't have a grating voice.

He actually is flexible too in the respect of being able to breakdown a fight but also having the ability to convey his emotions.

Cruz is just monotonous as fuck and is good behind a desk in front of the cameras but shouldn't be anywhere near a commentators booth.

I liked Cruz and his high level breakdowns of scenarios and techniques during the fights, but I did find myself tuning out about 2/3 the way through. I agree his voice isn't captivating at all.

I really enjoyed his breakdowns, and anticipating what moves were coming up. Really added to it for a regular punter like me.

Archived