MMA Betting Thread

seanz25

• Paid Members

won £4.29 on the horses off a free £1 bet 😄 so ive lumped it on:

Kevin Lee (KO/TKO/Sub), Nikita Krylov (KO/TKO/Sub and Maia/Burns to go the distance. Returns £85.

also used another £1 free bet on this:

Moicano, Lee, Krylov, Moreno, Yahya to win.

Maia/Burns to go the distance, Makdessi/Trinaldo not to go the distance.

nugget returns £97, proper outside bet that one.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Kevin Lee (KO/TKO/Sub), Nikita Krylov (KO/TKO/Sub and Maia/Burns to go the distance. Returns £85.

As much as I’d hate for Lee and Krylov to win tonight, that’s a solid bet. Could easily see Oliveira and Walker getting caught with their styles. I never bet on the fights anymore but I’m tempted. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

placed a bet on a fight this morning and it felt pretty good.

This is a complete shot in the dark, who knows what kind of physical and mental shape these guys turn up in.

Gaethje, Rozenstruick, Mitchell, Jacare, Cejudo, Luque.

5 notes return £180.

• Paid Members

Rozenstruik’s fallen into that category like Joanna did against Zhang. Everyone seems to be thinking he’s got no chance. I mean, I’m picking Francis myself but I wouldn’t count Rozenstruik out. He’s unbeaten and, despite Ngannou’s frightening power, Rozenstruik is the way more experienced striker. He could be trickier for Ngannou than a lot of people think. 

• Paid Members

Yeh i had to go for him as the underdog, guy seems to have a sense of fearlessness about him and could quite easily outstrike Ngannou on the fight given his credentials. Gonna be good.

• Paid Members
On 5/6/2020 at 1:17 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Rozenstruik’s fallen into that category like Joanna did against Zhang. Everyone seems to be thinking he’s got no chance. I mean, I’m picking Francis myself but I wouldn’t count Rozenstruik out. He’s unbeaten and, despite Ngannou’s frightening power, Rozenstruik is the way more experienced striker. He could be trickier for Ngannou than a lot of people think. 

I think the only reason why people have gone all-in for Ngannou is because they saw what he did to Overeem, who's about as experienced and crafty a HW striker as you'll get. Yeh, he's got a bit of a glass jaw now, but the Ngannonball that Big Francis hit him with would've put out a fucking rhino.

• Paid Members

Yeah I think that’s what it is. People are looking at Ngannou laying out Overeem in 2 minutes with one of the most devastating knockouts in UFC history then comparing that to Rozenstruik’s fight with Reem where he was getting outworked for about 23 minutes before rearranging his top lip. It’s understandable when they have a common opponent but it’s all bollocks really. It’s a cliche but styles really do make fights and Rozenstruik took that Overeem fight on short notice after the tragedy with Walt Harris’ daughter. I’m still slightly favouring Ngannou because I think it’ll probably be a shootout and he’s got the bigger one punch power but I’m not confident. Rozenstruik has a good chance against anyone willing to strike with him.

Plus Ngannou has more hype on him, is more known and has beat a couple more big names in Cain and JDS. So that’s probably playing its part in more people favouring him. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

let down by a single fight once again, it isnt like Rozenstruick lost by a split decision though so i cant be sad about it 😫

Nothing worse than a tight decision losing it for you. Makes it a bit easier to swallow when someone is steamrolled in 20 seconds. 

Edited by ElCece

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah, our posts in here on Ngannou vs Rozenstruik didn’t age too well did they @Egg Shen 😂 

not at all😄 still if they essentially had a nice at-range kickboxing match id probably wager on Rozenstruick again, but Ngannou raging forward throwing hammers will fuck up anyones night.