Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

Which probably tells you what show Sky really wanted, and that taking a years worth of events was probably the price of admission.

I bet hardly any money swapped hands, truth be told. Just seems like both sides get what they want out of it, without even getting to the license fee.

• Paid Members

yeh, id imagine Fabian will be the co-main event. Does Bellator have any Birmingham fighters?

Did anyone catch the Newcastle show? i fell asleep early Saturday then saw spoilers when i was browsing UFC post-fight stuff. Seen Aaron Chalmers catching some shit for his performance, only to have fighters step in and defend him over it. How was it?

• Paid Members

Well we got a thread for 216, we'll keep any 215 discussion here, its tonight!

jXpYAm0.jpg

Matt Mitrione vs. Sergei Kharitanov

Logan Storley vs. Ion Pascou

Eduardo Dantas vs. Toby Misech

Mike Kimbel vs. John Douma

Austin Vanderfort vs. Cody Jones

very much a warm up show for 216, its in the same arena which is a bit of a strange move. Outside of the main event nothing really leaps out outside of Dantas returning.

Still, that main event is reason enough to tune in. Mitrione for all his detractors can never be accused of not standing and trading, hes got the ideal guy to throw down with in Kharitanov. Should be a crazy fight.

• Paid Members

Looking at Kharitonov's recent run of fights, I'd hazard a guess we'll probably never see him in the UFC now, given his age and the fact that he's worked for M-1 and various other promotions outside Bellator - it might be fair to assume he likes having that freedom as a semi-free agent. Seems a shame, though - loads of fresh fights for him in the UFC.

• Paid Members
On 2/10/2019 at 7:08 AM, Really Big Shoe said:

5spike are showing Bellator 215 Saturday 16th Feb, so I'm assuming that's the last show they'll be airing on that channel.

nah, i dont think it is. I think 5/Spike still get the European Series as well as a few others (probably the ones that air on Paramount in America, like 215).