Championship Belts - Who has them

C-Rock

Whilst looking through the history of title reigns for various titles on Wikipedia that were around in the territory days it got me thinking were are the actual belts now?

It's fascinating to think that some titles, which were probably held by some incredible wrestlers during their time are probably now collecting dust in some forgotten wrestlers garage or something.

With the amount of promotions/territories that were around during the 60s, 70s and 80s there must have been dare I say close to 100 individual championships knocking around when you consider that they NWA had many different regional championships each represented by a Heavyweight Champion, Tag Team others also had women's and television titles.

Were is they original NWA Heavyweight Championship or they WWWF Title or the Eagle Belt that was used by Shawn and Bret in the 90s

The link below is list of all the NWA Championships that ever existed. If you get a chance or don't already it's pretty fasinating to read through the title history's to see which wrestlers have held some of the various regional titles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Wrestling_Alliance_championships.

I know that the original Big Gold NWA/WCW title is on HHH office wall in Stamford.

Were are the all these belts now, who own's them.

• Paid Members

Steiner has the original Big Gold belt doesn't he? I know Mysterio has one if the cruiser weight tag titles because WCW never asked for it back and Didn't Flair put up the NWA belt as collateral for something?

Yeah, HHH must have the version he was given in 2003.

I remember from a couple of shoot interviews back in the noughties by Steve Corino & Raven that Mikey Whipwreck had the ECW belt, whether he still does or not is up for debate.

Highspots had the NWA World title when Flair gave them it as collateral when he was doing shoots/appearances for them. Think they tried selling on ebay for charity, which WWE ended up buying anyway. Sure the money still went to charity though

• Paid Members

I know that the original Big Gold NWA/WCW title is on HHH office wall in Stamford.

Nah, Steiner half inched it from WCW (well, he switched his cast copy for the original) and recently sold it to a collector. I think Trips has the "Vegas" Big Gold, which is the Belt the WWF had made for Flair when he sent the original back to WCW in 1991.

The very first WWWF Title turned fairly up recently. Someone found it in their attic and sold it to Dave Millican, who traded it to WWE for the original Spinner Belt.

I think WWE also owns the Domed Globe NWA Belt as well. As Chokeout said, Flair stuck it up as collateral for numerous different loans, which he defaulted on and WWE bailed him out.

Supposedly Teddy Long has pinched a shit load of Belts over his career.

• Paid Members

Didn't one of the ecw titles get nicked by a fan, never to be seen again or am I mixing that up. Sure there was a belt thread that had loads of info on them.

The TV Title Belt got nicked, aye.

It WAS ECW though so whether it was stolen by a fan or one of the numerous people that hadn't been paid is anyone's guess.

Im sure the one Triple H has in his office is the one Ric Flair/highspots got into a debate over and WWE ended up with it but I thought I remember reading it was the belt used during the 80s/90s when the NWA transitioned in to WCW

The original Big Gold belt used by the NWA, WCW and NJPW between 1986 and 2000/1 was previously in the hands of Scott Steiner but is now in the hands of a private collector.

He posts on twitter as https://twitter.com/thebiggoldbelt

The private collector also has the ECW World Heavyweight title last held by Rhyno and the last WWE Spinner championship used by CM Punk and The Rock. (With Rock nameplate.)

The original NWA World Heavyweight title was in Ric Flair's possession until he leveraged it as collateral with two companies. WWE solved the issue by purchasing it where it is displayed at WWE Axxess events and mostly resides in HHH's office.

HHH has the Vegas Big Gold which he was given by Ric Flair and WWE have a casted copy of the original Big Gold which was used on RAW between 2002-2003 and in some promo shots down the years.

Dan Lambert of American Top Team is a championship belt fan, he has over 75 ring used championships including many ring used WWE titles. I believe he has the WWE World Heavyweight and WWE Undisputed (Later just the WWE title.) titles that were used at Wrestlemania 20.

This is just some of Dan's collection:

Dan_Lambert_wrestling_belts.0.jpg

Belttalk.com has some close up shots of Dan's collection in the gallery on the site. (Sign up required.)

• Paid Members

Im sure the one Triple H has in his office is the one Ric Flair/highspots got into a debate over and WWE ended up with it but I thought I remember reading it was the belt used during the 80s/90s when the NWA transitioned in to WCW

The one Highspots nearly sold was Flair's old NWA Title Belt that was used until 1985. It might well be in Triple H's office but I know Flair gave him the "Vegas" Big Gold as a gift.

The "Big Gold Belt" that was the NWA/WCW/WCW International Titles, is in the hands of whoever Scott Steiner sold it too.

Okay I'm getting confused with the different titles that have represented the NWA/WCW in various different names and version so explain it to me lol

What NWA Title belt was used when TNA first started and was being used up till they got the belt there using now. Was that they original one that Flair, The Funks, Race and Brisco held....were is that one now?

Which version is the Vegas one?

Which is the dome one?

Which one was used by Flair on WWE TV when he jumped from WCW in 91

I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw, I need it explained lol

It's such a shame to see those belts in that pic piled on top of each other like that, just lying there. Those belts should be on show some place. They would be a perfect exibit of the WWE actually got around to creating an actual Hall of Fame that people could visit.

In the background of various interviews with the likes of the Rock, Austin and Bret you can often see over their shoulder belts on display in I presume their homes/offices and I noticed that Bret had on display the eagle belt, will that be the real one?

I just read that Trish Stratus has the Women's title that was used before the Divas title.

Archived