The 2015 UKFF UK50 - STAGE THREE!

cobystag

Well, welcome to the third and final round in determining the Eleventh Annual UKFF UK50.

So far, UKFFers have nominated wrestlers they felt deserved a place somewhere in this year's UK50 during Stage One. Next, in Stage Two you decided who from a list of equally-nominated wrestlers should take the final remaining spots.

All of this means we have now confirmed all 50 of the wrestlers who will make up this year's rankings. They are (alphabetical order; 2014 ranking in brackets):

Ashton Smith (45)
Bubblegum (14)
Charlie Garrett (N/A)
Chris Brookes (N/A)
CJ Banks (36)
Damien O'Connor (N/A)
Danny Hope (50)
Dave Mastiff (6)
Dave Mercy (N/A)
Dave Rayne (41)
Doug Williams (13)
Eddie Dennis (17)
El Ligero (5)
Flash Morgan Webster (26)
Grado (9)
Jack Gallagher (47)
Jack Jester (18)
James Davis (19)
James Mason (22)
Jim Hunter (43)
Jimmy Havoc (8)
Joe Coffey (24)
Joel Redman (N/A)
Joey Hayes (42)
Joseph Conners (27)
Kay Lee Ray (23)
Kenny Williams (N/A)
Lee Hunter (34)
Mark Andrews (3)
Mark Haskins (12)
Martin Kirby (4)
Marty Scurll (48)
Mike Bird (N/A)
Mikey Whiplash (39)
Nathan Cruz (N/A)
Noam Dar (11)
Paul Robinson (35)
Pete Dunne (20)
Rampage Brown (7)
Rob Lynch (16)
Robbie X (15)
Roy Knight (N/A)
Sha Samuels (38)
Stixx (29)
T-Bone(25)
Tyler Bate (28)
Wild Boar (40)
Will Ospreay (10)
Zack Gibson (31)
Zak Knight (N/A)

So, we have our 50 wrestlers confirmed, the only thing left to do now is to start ranking them in order. How do we do that?

Stage Three - The Rankings

Stages One and Two were about nominating any 15 people who you felt deserved a place somewhere in the UKFF UK50. In Stage Three, however, I need to know who from the list of 50 you believe to be the out-and-out best. I need your own personal actual Top 15.

1) As with Stage One, send a PM to myself on the UKFF. E-mails/Facebook messages/etc will not be accepted. This is to prove that you are a UKFF member. This is a UKFF project, after all. Feel free to share your nominations in this thread if you so desire, for the purposes of generating discussion/debate, but I will only count lists that I receive in my PM Inbox.

2) Again, as with Stage One, your PM should contain a list of up to 15 wrestlers. The difference this time, however, is that your list must be ranked in order from 1 to 15 (1 being the best) on who you believe to be the best, based on the criteria we have been using throughout:

Upon what criteria are the rankings based?
All the way through the process, nominations and votes should be made based on British wrestlers' in-ring performances you have seen on shows that took place between 1 July 2014 and 30 June 2015. The key points around which the rankings, nominations and votes are based include:
- whose in-ring performances are the most gripping, convincing and enthralling?
- who is consistently involved in great matches?
- who is able to tell the best "story" through their performance?
- whose performance is able to capture the crowd's interest and make them emotionally invested in the match?
- who actually makes pro wrestling enjoyable to watch with their performances?

3) Obviously, you can only vote for wrestlers included in the list of 50 shown above.

4) You can vote for less than 15 if you like, but definitely no more. If possible, please also include your reasons for giving these wrestlers the ranking you have. This could be just a sentence to justify their selection or point out particular matches, promotions or shows upon which you have based your decision. As with previous years, I'll be using some of these comments in the eventual write-ups.

5) Make sure you get your PM in to me by 23:59 on Sunday 16 August 2015. Votes received after this deadline will not be counted.

Anyone suspected of using dual accounts or other unfair methods to weight the list or make mockery of the spirit of the project may be excluded at my discretion.

As always, please feel absolutely free to debate, justify, reason and explain your choices in this thread. Perhaps links to matches you've seen these guys excel in? Also, let's hear you predictions as to who you think is going to have a good showing this year, who will drop down the rankings, who will be the surprise packages, and so on.

And with that, it's over to you.

GO!!

• Paid Members

Will Osprey surely has this in the bag.

For how good he's been in such a variety of places at both ends of England, I'm inclined to agree.

Ospreay, OSPREAY OSPREAY OSPREAY!

I know there's just under two weeks left and I know this is the hardest stage (having to rank them) but I'd like to get a fair few more votes in to accurately see how things are shaping out.

There's only 3 points dividing #'s 1 and 2. 3 and 4 aren't as far away as what they once were but there is a gulf between 4 and 5.

• Paid Members

If anyone is unsure about taking part because they haven't seen enough, there's a good amount out there on YouTube. RevPro's TV show alone features most of the guys, along with whatever PCW put up.

• Paid Members

This is why I voted this year Linus. Most my watching is with friends who have DVDs or ICW or Progress, so I get to see so much more than ever before. Its also the reason my number 1 may shock people, but makes sense for me from what I've watched.

Only two full days (Sat and Sun) left to vote people. There's been a big movement at the top - #'s 1, 2 and 3 are all separated by just one point each!

This could really go any way right now people so YOUR vote matters more than ever.

• Paid Members

im very interested to see if Jimmy Havoc gets the number 1 spot

He'll be up there but as I said before, I'll be gobsmacked if it isnt Ospreay.

Archived