The 2015 UKFF UK50 - STAGE TWO!

cobystag

Vote: Josh Bodom

Reason: He should easily be top 15 in my eyes. He has tons of charisma which the British wrestling scene needs more of. I've seen him go head to head with Adam Cole, Jay Lethal Too Cool, Rikishi & also beat Finn Balor for the Cruiserweight title all in extremely fun and great matches. He can take on any wrestling style and make anyone look good.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A vote for Xander Cooper from me... A tremendous wrestler and a slimy, weaselly, snivelling villain that's been the perfect foil to the likes of Jack Gallagher, T-Bone and Soner Durson during his reign as Futureshock champion.

James Davis and Rob Lynch get my other votes. The London Riots have been relentlessly superb this year, not least in their new found role as super-babyface tag team in Progress. Slowly but surely they're making their way across the entire country, winning titles everywhere. Quite rightly so.

Kid Fite: cracking matches as BCW champ and arguably the best all round wrestler in Scotland. Particularly good as a chicken shit heel.

Martin Stone: Stone is similar to Dave Mastiff in that he has a magnetism about his work that draws you in to every strike.

• Paid Members

Vote 1: James Mason

I've had the pleasure of seeing him work up close for us at AMP Wrestling, and the level of control he has over the crowd is truly something to behold. Over the past 15 years I've watched and worked with hundreds of wrestlers, and no disrespect to them, but Im struggling to think of a single guy who could get an audience behind them as quickly and with as much passion as James so effortlessly does. Within 2-3 matches I think he's actually starting to change my opinion on what a 'worker' is, and indeed the whole 'point' of wrestling. I know Im laying it on thick but this country really is lucky to have a performer like Mason who's got the experience and knowledge of an old school vet, but physically is right in his prime.

Vote 2:& 3 James Davis & Rob Lynch

C'mon, they're one of if not the top tag team this country has at the moment! I know we've been conditioned for years not to care about tag team wrestling, but if these guys were smushed together into a singles wrestler everyone would be raving about them. Crisp, believable, and intense as fuck. And they have a very well designed logo as well ;)

• Moderators

Vote: James Mason. For my money, top 5 in the country and has been for several years now. It's not just his much beloved work as a blue eye either, but he's also a really effective villain which is seldom remarked upon. I saw him chase a female copper worried for her life last winter. His ability to get any crowd into his schtick within 2 minutes of entering the arena to even a cold crowd is a real talent.

I am enjoying seeing this James Mason love, he's been someone I have seen a few times over the years at the town hall but it's coming up two years since I last saw him at an event. His podcast with Colt was a really good listen a few weeks ago.

Vote: James Davis and Rob Lynch

Reason: quite possibly the best tag team in the uk atm 

Vote: Josh Bodom

Reason: have been really entertained by his recent performances especially the rivalry against havoc and how it has taken over the cockpit show

Vote 1 - Xander Cooper 

Reason - Smooth, crisp wrestler who's just SUCH a dick, wears a peacock feather coat to the ring, doesn't get better than that for a heel. Plus, carries himself like a champion away from the ring

Vote 2 - Josh Bodom 

Reason - Love his Brolievers tag team with brother Ryan, his big bumping, high risk style is just breathtaking to watch, also an absolute cunt on the mic 

Vote 3 - James Mason 

Reason - The very definition of less is more. Can take 5 bumps in a match and make all 5 mean something, effortlessly holds a crowd in the palm of his hand the whole match

Welp

Vote 1 - James Davis

Reason - my personal favourite over the two Riots. Think people don't notice how versatile he can be in singles, or even in his spots during Tags. The work I saw with ZSJ was great. Very technical. Plus his work with trainees at IPW and progress

Vote 2 - Rob Lynch

Reason - RIOTTSSSSSSSSSS!

A quick reminder that voting ends Thursday night at midnight so you've got just over 48 hours.

Currently James Davis and Rob Lynch, The London Riots, have 12 votes each so are #'s 1 and 2.

James Mason and Josh Bodom are both tied at 8.

Which one will break away?

Will Mason, Fite, Stone or Cooper catch up?

Will even The London Riots go through?

Every vote counts guys!

• Paid Members

Vote 1: James Mason - because he's James Mason. Engaging, masterful technician, agile and intense. I believe he's the man Johnny Saint modelled himself on. Don't quote me.

Vote 2 & 3: The Riots. Because they were great getting beaten up by the Hooligans.

• Paid Members

Good looking list so far, I’d say, with no real ‘shock’ exclusions or anyone that really stands out as being out-of-place or questionable.

Since I made my own nominations based on people I expected to be more marginal possibilities to make it in (i.e. instead of who I expected to be sure-things that others would go for), I’m pleased to see the likes of Ashton Smith, CJ Banks, Charlie Garrett, Chris Brooks, Kenny Williams, Nathan Cruz and especially DAVE MERCY make it through to the next stage.

While it’s a shame my other nominations for Cyanide, Liam Lazarus, Dean Allmark, Sam Wilder and Kraig Kollinz didn’t see them through, it’s also difficult to see many names in the actual list I could confidently say didn’t deserve the place instead.

So, for Stage Two:

VOTE ONE: James Davis

REASON: Someone I expected to be a sure-fire inclusion on the basis of other people’s nominations.  The London Riots are in my opinion tied with both The Hooligans and PCW’s pairing of Rampage Brown & T-Bone as the top doubles acts in the country and it would be criminal for them not to be recognised as such through this project.  Improved immensely over the last 2-3 years and equally adept at intense brawls or the modern indie ‘sprint’ style.  Terrific character too.

VOTE TWO: Rob Lynch

REASON: As above, really.  For me, JD is probably the better individual performer of the London Riots, but they aren’t individual acts.  As a tag unit, they are capable of doing the panto wrestling baddie roles on more family-friendly shows, at the same time as being convincing, more-menacing and edgy villains in more adult-based promotions.  They made their new role as no-nonsense butt-kicking fan favourites in PROGRESS just immediately click with that audience and has enormous potential.

VOTE THREE: Well, I haven’t actually seen any of James Mason at all during the eligibility period this year (All-Star have long dropped York, Leeds, Middlesbrough etc. from their schedule) so by the rules of this project I’m not allowed to vote for him...

... but at the same time I don’t want to vote for any of the others over him either since I am in no doubt that he deserves his place.  As such, I will refrain from making a third vote.

Archived