Convention/Signing Appearences/Evenings With Thread

UberTekkers

Posted this on the main forum too, there was a link sent to me on FB about a Wrestlexpo convention but with no further details as yet. Hope this is legit and we get some good guests.

You beat me to posting this! lol. It's a shame that the wrestling conventions in the UK have had a bad rep over the years what with WrestleSlam and the non-starter company in Wales. A market for this has slowly started to regenerate what with wreslting guests being anounced for established conventions. A wrestling themed convention was around the corner I think. Good luck to the organisers though, hopefully it'll be a hit.

• Moderators

Then"Non Starter" as you put it was perfectly professional. Realised well ahead of time not enough tickets were being sold and promptly refunded everyone who had paid, and the same team have been organizing Wales Comic Con without a hitch for several years now.

Then"Non Starter" as you put it was perfectly professional. Realised well ahead of time not enough tickets were being sold and promptly refunded everyone who had paid, and the same team have been organizing Wales Comic Con without a hitch for several years now.

And a damn fine convention it is too!

Actually I just need to correct myself/apologise because I just remembered that I don't think it's the guys who run the Wales Comic Con at all.

This was an Irish convention that had a line up of about 15 names or so that included Mike Foley, Chyna & Ted Dibiase. If I remember correctly tickets and hotels were being sold and then it was cancelled just a couple of weeks before the event.

If I'm wrong or need correcting on any of these points feel free, the grey matter isn't working very well today!

I thought the first 2 Wrestleslams were well organised and went without a hitch. The third one though was just a mess. I thought the guys running it handled it really badly and were not honest, upto that point it was perfect.

I am not sure we will see another convention in the UK but I think the audience is there. You only have to look at the sell outs of the HBK, Jericho shows. With that we have had the NWO over, DDP and Piper coming soon. The demand is good. The location needs to be right and the guest list needs to be right too. I think an event that represents it era.

At the moment the wrestlers at Comic Con and Memrobilia seem to be the way ahead, hopefully we get some varied guests though. Lita, Animal and Brodus are all a good start. I even got to meet Zues last year in Birmignham at Collectormania :)

A quick update from the Wrestle Expo UK Facebook page:

Hello all

Just thought we give you an update

We are looking to hold the expo next year in a London location. More details will be available nearer the time once the date is set.

We will have news of a separate event happening towards the end of this year in the upcoming weeks, so watch this space (it's going to be pretty exciting).

We thank you for the support and patience.

It's very much appreciated and as we already know, the UK fans are more then ready for WrestleExpo!

Pleased that the event is going to be in London as it'll be local-ish to me, although shame it's going to be next year. Will be interesting to see what happens to this other event they're doing towards the end of the year.

Rob Terry has been announced for the following shows:

Collectormania Glasgow 2014

Saturday 23th and Sunday 24th August 2014 - Braehead Arena

Sheffield Film and Comic Con

Saturday 30th - Sunday 31st August, Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield