Convention/Signing Appearences/Evenings With Thread

UberTekkers

• 2 weeks later...

Showmasters announced that David Hart Smith Jr will no longer be able to attend Cardiff Film and Comic Con due to him being in Hospital. Photoshoots will be refunded onto the card you paid with.

A message from Smith to Showmasters below:

"I have the unfortunate news to my fans in UK and Wales that I will not be at this weekend comic convention in Wales

I had to go to Emergency at 4 am with breathing complications, from tounsilitis. Also have sever trouble speaking, and swallowing. With more medical attention I have learned it is a peritonsillar abscess behind the tounsil. Inflaming my Tounsils, throat and causing problems with breathing swallowing and talking. I have been in the hospital all day - real fun, and don't feel any better. Tomorrow I will be needing an incision to drain the puss, and more anti biotics via IV.

MDA Promotions have just announced they're going to be doing a tour with Ric Flair in May 2015. MDA are the promoters who were responsible for the recent Bret Hart tour up north. No venues or prices yet but they've advised that they're doing the following areas in May:

Scotland 
Newcastle 
Leeds 
Leicester 
Derby 
Portsmouth 
London 

The main site http://www.mdapromotions.co.uk/ hasn't been updated yet and most information is on their Facebook page. 

Holy Moly!! LWC have announced that HBK and Bret will be doing a joint audience with show and photo ops at the convention next june.

Tickets on sale next Friday

£10 q&a

£50 Joint photo

As much as I would like to see Flair, I think I will get the Bret/Shawn stuff instead. I am already going LWC and given Flair is unreliable, I dont want to take the risk

Holy Moly!! LWC have announced that HBK and Bret will be doing a joint audience with show and photo ops at the convention next june.

Tickets on sale next Friday

£10 q&a

£50 Joint photo

As much as I would like to see Flair, I think I will get the Bret/Shawn stuff instead. I am already going LWC and given Flair is unreliable, I dont want to take the risk

PSI have stipulated this condition though: You MUST have a general admission or Superticket when purchasing a ticket for An Audience with Bret & Shawn. Any orders will be cancelled with out one.

So certainly it'll be good for anyone already going to LWC. For anyone just wanting to go to this, the cheapest way to do it would be buying a General Admission ticket to the convention as well. 

I've seen a few of these events popping up and have always said the only one I'd consider is Flair, but there's no chance I'm handing over the money they're asking. It looks like it's 40 quid to sit somewhere in a suite in Tynecastle and listen to a Q&A. Fuck that. How much extra would he be charging for a photo? 20 minimum I'd assume. Factor in my train to get there and it's expensive to get very little back.

It's almost as if it's been purposely priced to try and make the 'Platinum' package look like value and tempt you into that. As others have said, Flair isn't the most reliable. I can imagine it being a complete ballache trying to get 105 quid off the company because Naitch missed a flight and the Scottish date gets canned cause it's first.

The bit I like is that you can pay extra for photo/signing but its not guaranteed. Aka Flair has had enough of signing and goes home.

£40 for a Q&A isnt unreasonable, 

The HBK events with PSI, offer the Q&A, chance to meet,get a photo and signature for £65! Plus I would argue that HBK is bigger star than Flair! I wont be paying £100 for Flair