Convention/Signing Appearences/Evenings With Thread

UberTekkers

I went to the Flair event in Leicester and have to say that it was very well organised. The price of £ 105 sounds expensive but when you look at the night as whole and what you get, it is good value. Angle is doing LCC next month and charging £25 for an autograph and a picture so work the costs out yourself. My only criticism was the food, it wasnt worth even a fiver, it was just some cold pulled pork in a bun, crackling and potatoes, this was the Leicester event though, not sure about the rest. I would take the food out of the equation or provide a proper sit down dinner.

The guys are planning more and run a Bret Hart event a while back with the same setup.

I am torn between going to the LCC show or spending the money for the evening with event, my only concern is that it doesnt happen for some reason and I would have missed Angle completely. If Angle wasnt doing LCC then I would have already bought my ticket.

If they run two events a year and get some real headliners then I think the brand will just grow, they could get the likes of Jericho, Edge, Kevin Nash, Goldberg, Sting etc, for future events.

On the subject of Kurt Angle and London Film and Comic Con, Showmasters organisers have advised a slight change in his appearance to the event. Kurt was meant to appear Friday Saturday and Sunday but will now just be there Saturday and Sunday only .

• Paid Members

I was at the Flair event in Edinburgh and it was very well run.

The queues for the pictures and autographs weren’t too long and Flair was happy to chat away without too much of a holdup

Crticisms would be – the guy doing the interview asked some terrible questions – such as “Were you going to pass the Nature Boy name onto AJ Styles?” which then meant that for some reason he then felt the need to explain to Ric who Lionheart was which just ate up time.

The theme of the interview was supposed to be “1970’s and the NWA” which was never going to work as Ric just wanted to chat and tell stories – which was absolutely fantastic.

As always with wrestling Q&A’s there were some fans there who just wanted to try and get themselves over.

One asked during the Q&A if Ric would chop him. Ric just told him it was a waste of a question.

Another asked Ric if he knew who Conor McGregor was – Ric said no “If it ain’t Ronda or Brock I don’t watch UFC”. The guy then still asked Ric a question about Conor McGregor.

The final question before the ended I can’t really do justice but the lad had his replica belt and held it aloft like he was in the Lion King, started thanking Ric for making that title the gold standard in professional wrestling before then doing the same for the Four Horsemen hand gesture.

Hilarious but so cringeworthy.

Well worth the money if for nothing other than the interview section.

The queues for the pictures and autographs weren’t too long and Flair was happy to chat away without too much of a holdup

Crticisms would be – the guy doing the interview asked some terrible questions – such as “Were you going to pass the Nature Boy name onto AJ Styles?” which then meant that for some reason he then felt the need to explain to Ric who Lionheart was which just ate up time.

The theme of the interview was supposed to be “1970’s and the NWA” which was never going to work as Ric just wanted to chat and tell stories – which was absolutely fantastic.

As always with wrestling Q&A’s there were some fans there who just wanted to try and get themselves over.

One asked during the Q&A if Ric would chop him. Ric just told him it was a waste of a question.

Another asked Ric if he knew who Conor McGregor was – Ric said no “If it ain’t Ronda or Brock I don’t watch UFC”. The guy then still asked Ric a question about Conor McGregor.

The final question before the ended I can’t really do justice but the lad had his replica belt and held it aloft like he was in the Lion King, started thanking Ric for making that title the gold standard in professional wrestling before then doing the same for the Four Horsemen hand gesture.

A wrestler monologue (eg Regal) or questions asked by a decent interviewer (eg Rob that PSI use) are the best. Chaos ensues when the audience participation starts.

The worst part of these shows is easily when the fans get to ask questions. Particularly in Scotland, as it's like a contest to mention ICW or Grado. Guys, we all get the ICW and Grado love you have, honestly - there's no need to bring it up at every event you attend, your tshirts (and probably drunkenness!) give the game away, mentioning them just isn't required.

Though the worst questions are the one's that go on forever, where you start to look forward to the end of the Q&A session. The Conor McGregor one highlighted above was a classic example of this.

MDA/Triple M could do with a better interview like Rob. I'd probably have preferred him to stand aside when the Q&A session started, as the professional compare/MC would have had better control of the crowd, and a wrestling knowledge isn't required to relay questions/decide who can ask a question.

I was at the PSI Shawn Michaels/JR one on Monday, and there was some lass who wasn't heckling, but shouting out barely comprehensible comments that I think were meant to be supportive.   To be fair I was sat quite a distance away.  .  

When the second half started, the MC kindly asked folks to stop watching the show "through their smartphone screens" and to let the guests "speak for themselves".   I'm guessing Shawn in particular had words because the first time the lass shouted up after that, he cut her down with "Who's telling this story, me or you?" which got a pop out of everyone else.   She shut up then.  

A wrestler monologue (eg Regal) or questions asked by a decent interviewer (eg Rob that PSI use) are the best. Chaos ensues when the audience participation starts.

The worst part of these shows is easily when the fans get to ask questions. Particularly in Scotland, as it's like a contest to mention ICW or Grado. Guys, we all get the ICW and Grado love you have, honestly - there's no need to bring it up at every event you attend, your tshirts (and probably drunkenness!) give the game away, mentioning them just isn't required.

Though the worst questions are the one's that go on forever, where you start to look forward to the end of the Q&A session. The Conor McGregor one highlighted above was a classic example of this.

MDA/Triple M could do with a better interview like Rob. I'd probably have preferred him to stand aside when the Q&A session started, as the professional compare/MC would have had better control of the crowd, and a wrestling knowledge isn't required to relay questions/decide who can ask a question.

Hi guys 

Matt Ward here from MDA/Triple M.

Happy to answer any questions regarding our events, we are based in the world of darts - 

But we are massive wrestling fans and went to WM 30 and this years rumble, our first event in wrestling was with Bret - 

Happy to answer any questions regarding our events past or future.

Matt

On the subject of Kurt Angle and London Film and Comic Con, Showmasters organisers have advised a slight change in his appearance to the event. Kurt was meant to appear Friday Saturday and Sunday but will now just be there Saturday and Sunday only .

Angle issued a statement yesterday about the tumour he has on his neck. In it he said he has having surgery next week and will be out of action for a month.

Not sure if that means action as in wrestling matches, or action as in he will be laid up in bed for a month. But that could affect his plans to appear at LFCC.  :unsure:

Angle issued a statement yesterday about the tumour he has on his neck. In it he said he has having surgery next week and will be out of action for a month.

Not sure if that means action as in wrestling matches, or action as in he will be laid up in bed for a month. But that could affect his plans to appear at LFCC. :unsure:

Well Showmasters have allegedly spoken to Kurt and confirmed he's still good to come over. Naturally things could between now and then but still it's encouraging news.