Convention/Signing Appearences/Evenings With Thread

UberTekkers

You guys make me reconsider now as well... it IS a shitload of money just to ask a question, get a picture and an autograph....

It's also a bit weird to meet your childhood hero and then knowing the only reason he wants to meet you is because you have paid a lot of money. I know it's business etc etc, but still.

That is a lot of money for Hogan !!! He does stuff in the states and charges about $60 for pic and $165 for autographs depending on what it is. I imagine the Hogan stuff will become cheaper over time although you don't always know how much these guys will be around. I personally think if he is your hero and you can justify the money then do it. This is the first time he has done this is the UK so could be a once in a lifetime.

That is a lot of money for Hogan !!! He does stuff in the states and charges about $60 for pic and $165 for autographs depending on what it is.

Indeed it is but I think the 3 main things that have contributed to the cost are:

1. His appearance fee

2. Flight cost

3. Hotel cost

It's possible that his fee is higher because it's an overseas appearance or it maybe a simple case the ticket cost is what it is "because he can" and people will pay for it.

Out of all the Audience With and conventions I've been to I'd have expected Hogan to be the most expensive out of the lot, and he is.

I'm actually surprised he's not more expensive to be honest.

Agreed. Whilst I appreciate what people are saying about high costs, look what film equivalent event costs.

And I doubt the income from the Super Ticket will cover all of the expenditure attached to flying, accomodating and paying the others. So the Hogan ticket income will cover that.

The other point is that unlike some wrestling promoters, these promoters will be looking to make a profit.

With this in mind I reckon Hogan must be doing this for a heavy discount. He might even have visions of the UK red and yellow army chanting his name being good PR for his recent bad press.

Either way, if someone told me a VIP ticket to see Hogan, meet him, get an autograph, and a picture would cost nearer a grand I'd not have been too surprised. Suppose it's all about context and expectations.

Nigel McGuinness will be taking part in 2 events on Friday 30th October.

Between 2:30pm - 4:30pm he'll be appearing for Mystery Island at the Birkenhead Market for autographs and photo ops.

At 8pm he'll be at Pattersons in Liverpool for "An Evening with Nigel McGuinness". This is for TNT Wrestling.

https://www.facebook.com/tntwrestling

Edited by LSM

This morning finally made my decision and booked a VIP ticket for the Hulk Hogan show. Since I'll be travelling from the Netherlands, I had to give it some thought as the total package incl travel isn't cheap, but... 

Since 1986 he has been my childhood hero. Now, almost 30 years later, he still is my hero and I have great childhood memories of him. I have never met him before, and realize that this is probably my only (and last) chance of meeting him, as he doesnt come to Europe a lot and he isnt getting any younger. So I decided to make this childhood dream come true.

With the risk of sounding "mushy", I would like to thank neil180 and Ant for posting it here on UKFF, as without you guys chances are that I wouldn't have known about his UK appearance and I probably would have missed out on this unique opportunity. Thanks mates!

I wouldn't hesitate to spend £235 for a chance to meet my all-time favourite wrestler, but I was never much of a Hulkamaniac back in the day so I'm skipping this one and hoping for An Evening With Stone Cold Steve Austin to get announced!