Whats my best look: Sting

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

whats my best look: Sting  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

539644-sting_nwo.jpg

I voted wolfpac but after looking up photoas itas not as cool as I remember. I quite like the very early Crow look and prob abkly should have voted for that.

Sting10.jpg

Although hes essentially been the Crow since he debuted small changes made to his look managed to keep him relatively fresh, although wrestling in a T shirt is shite.

539644-sting_nwo.jpg

I voted wolfpac but after looking up photoas itas not as cool as I remember. I quite like the very early Crow look and prob abkly should have voted for that.

Sting10.jpg

Although hes essentially been the Crow since he debuted small changes made to his look managed to keep him relatively fresh, although wrestling in a T shirt is shite.

I dunno. I thought his Starrcade 1997 attire was fine and is something that I did suggest he may wear at WM.

• Paid Members

The lack of photos in the opening post to this thread should be enough for a ban. That said, I'm on board with early Crow. Best year he ever had, not wrestling or actually speaking. I fucking loved him, and Nitro in 1997.

Watching the Cartoon Network logo jumping around as it shutdown and turned into TNT at 9pm every Friday was the highlight of the week for me as a 12 year old.

• Paid Members

I'm on board with early Crow. Best year he ever had, not wrestling or actually speaking. I fucking loved him, and Nitro in 1997.

Watching the Cartoon Network logo jumping around as it shutdown and turned into TNT at 9pm every Friday was the highlight of the week for me as a 12 year old.

Yes, yes and yes. Apart from myself being slightly older, that's all a big "YES" from me. What hooked me into watching Nitro every week was not hearing "Razor and Diesel turned up" or "Hogan's a bad guy now" but watching the St Patrick's Day '97 episode (night after Uncensored) and seeing the show-closing fracas and thinking "What the hell happened to Sting??" having not really tuned in and watched since him and Luger were, I dunno, pissing about with the American Males or something, when he had the floppy brown hair. Sting with a cool t-shirt, trenchcoat, baseball bat and his hair not as long as he eventually let it get, was the look that made me think "Wow, he looks awesome."

That first sight of "Crow" Sting and in particular how Hogan, Savage and The Outsiders ran from him, made me instantly think "Yeah, this is Sting's house." And it made me want to see Sting vs Hogan, despite having been conditioned by the WWF to think that Hogan was past it for the previous few years. So I tuned in week after week, waiting to see what Sting did, and waiting for Sting vs Hogan. 1997, I loved. I wish it had stayed Sting's house, because for the build that he had, they really fucked him in 1998. Fucked him hard.

• Paid Members

:( You just made me feel sadly nostalgic. Like how London's Burnings theme makes my stomach go into knots because it was Sunday night and school tomorrow, Friday nights, after footy with the weekend coming up plus WRESTLING! was a combo that couldnt not put a smile on my face.

• Paid Members

Completely agree with them fucking him in 1998.

Was an anti climax right from the first Nitro match after Starcade with Hogan for me. A big part of the mystery of the Starcade match was what would he wear in ring after spending the year in the rafters in a trench coat. Part of me even thought he'd be coming back as surfer Sting for some reason. But nope, he came out looking skinny and pale as fuck in that horrific leotard. No wonder Hulk didn't want to job to him.

I still loved him mind, but after they had that first Nitro go off the air while the match was still happening, he was defending the title against a very second tier Scott Hall before dropping it again.

The final nail was him joining the nWo Wolfpac which admittedly I loved in the moment, but it didn't really make any sense when he'd spent 2 years being a mardy arse entirely because people thought he might join the nWo. Friday Night Nitro was never the same.

1098161_f520.jpg

Redface Wolfpac paint was a horridly awkward look too. Always thought he should have gone the reverse with black facepaint with red bits like Muta - although in hindsight maybe going blackface teaming with Konnan and throwing up gangsigns could have been risky.

Archived