Fifty Ways With Spuds

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator
Would James have sued if you'd gone for "50 Shades of Spuds?" You might have attracted an entirely different audience.

*sigh* that was my working title. After some thought, yes, they would've sued. Google it, there's bloomin' loads of people being burned at the Grey stake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just bought and read half the book. Quite annoyed as it is 11.00 at night, and I am inspired to do the Bombay potatoes immediately, as they sound completely awesome, but I have no spuds left, so I now have to go to frigging tesco, get some and start cooking.

Great read, and great recipies. Looking forward to wibbly hot oil!

• Awards Moderator
Just bought and read half the book. Quite annoyed as it is 11.00 at night, and I am inspired to do the Bombay potatoes immediately, as they sound completely awesome, but I have no spuds left, so I now have to go to frigging tesco, get some and start cooking.

Ah so it's you who left the review. Cheers dude!

• Paid Members

Ah so it's you who left the review. Cheers dude!

My pleasure-the Bombay potatoes were as awesome as I thought the would be. Next step, aloo gobi!

• Paid Members

Confession time. I love cooking and have been a reader of big spud for years.....but I'm not the biggest fan of potatoes. Unless they're chips or a gratin, I rarely eat them and most roasters I can't eat as they're too "potatoey". It probably comes from my parents feeding us them 6 days a week (Monday was curry night).

Nonetheless I've bought the book and can't wait to try and fix the above problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
Confession time. I love cooking and have been a reader of big spud for years.....but I'm not the biggest fan of potatoes. Unless they're chips or a gratin, I rarely eat them and most roasters I can't eat as they're too "potatoey". It probably comes from my parents feeding us them 6 days a week (Monday was curry night).

Nonetheless I've bought the book and can't wait to try and fix the above problem.

Just seen this - thanks Si. I hope you've had a chance to try some stuff out.

Is there a good chip method in this book?

No and I address it in the intro. Deep frying is the only way to make them but I chose not to do any deep fried recipes in the book.

I have blogged the ultimate Heston method though:

http://bigspud.co.uk/2010/07/23/heston-blu...e-cooked-chips/

• Awards Moderator
I've already tried just about every method there is on the internet but I still haven't found the chip for me :(

Describe what you want and I'll write that recipe for you.

Archived