Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm sure they usually have a list on the door to cover situations like that.

For anyone thinking of a last minute decision to come along this weekend, I do still have one spare 2nd row ticket left now for each night. See my sig for details. I promise this will be the last I mention it!

On the train down to London right now. Here's to an awesome weekend of DGUK and PROGRESS - I'll see you all there!

The belief is that he's getting into the UK around 9pm tonight, so whilst he'll miss Day 1, he'll be on tomorrow's show and wXw in Germany on Sunday.

It's a shame we're not getting ICMG, but them's the breaks I guess.

• Paid Members

Touched down at home base a/k/a Harlow Travelodge, looking forward to 2 nights of action. Gutted my streak of seeing every DG:UK match will come to an end on Sunday, I'd have probably made the trek to Earls Court for the Hyper Japan mini-show, but I'd already paid for my (pricey) ticket home for Sunday morning when it was announced so can't justify the extra expense now. What'ya to do, all good things etc....

I'm sure they usually have a list on the door to cover situations like that.

Yeah they do, that's happened to numerous idiots me in the past before.

• Paid Members

About to land in Broxbourne on the 10th anniversary of FWA Vendetta 2004,where Hampton Court won the tag titles and AJ Styles faced James Tighe in the main event.

10 years!

Quick recap of Night 1...

0: Masato Yoshino b. "Wild Boar" Mike Hitchman - solid bonus match, Wild Boar was fine in there with Yoshino, it did its job.

1: Akira Tozawa b. Will Ospreay - Ospreay did really well in what I felt was the most important match of his career. Tozawa was great as always, and after his win, it was confirmed that he will be facing Shingo on the 2015 tour to determine the first DGUK Champion.

2: Uhaa Nation b. Lion Kid - appears a few fans came down from Preston City Wrestling, as they came up with a load of songs with "Uhaa" in them. Largely a squash, though Lion Kid did get a few good moments, including a nice German Suplex.

3: CIMA & Jimmy Susumu b. Speed Muscle (Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi) - Second match of the night for Yoshino. CIMA busted out some rare submissions in this one, in general delivering I'd argue his best performance on a DGUK show. Speed Muscle largely got along until Doi accidentally collided with Yoshino, and after CIMA finished Yoshino off, Doi attacked Yoshino and walked off.

4: BxB Hulk b. YAMATO - Hulk didn't have the belt with him, but he was announced as Dream Gate Champion. Went 20 minutes, so shorter than the Kobe World main event, but despite a slow start, I felt it was a better, more concise match. Hulk kicked out of TWO Gallerias, and won with the First Flash.

5: Ricochet & Akira Tozawa b. Mark Haskins & Marty Scurll - double duty for Tozawa as well to cover for Rich Swann, who Ricochet confirmed will be there tomorrow. Ricochet had his Freedom Gate belt with him. Haskins was a babyface here, but did join in with some of Scurll's dirtier attacks. Ricochet hit the Benadryller on Haskins to subdue him, and hit a SSP on Scurll for the win. Ricochet and Tozawa celebrated with Uhaa Nation to close the show.

• Paid Members

BxB Hulk v YAMATO was one of the best matches I have ever seen live. Intense, action-packed, compelling, and I cared about the result. That last bit being the difference between an entertaining spectacle and a truly great match. It was superb.

One thing I want to talk about.  This weekend I felt that the crowd had no connection with Yokosuka.  After all the other DG:UK tours where he was usually in the hottest/second hottest match of the show it just felt like the crowd didn't care for him and he didn't connect with the crowd.  He probably got the least ammount of chants out of all the Japanese Dragon Gate guys.

Speaking of connecting with the crowd, Tozawa is so over in the UK it's ridiculous. 

Archived