WWE Performance Center - Good or bad?

LWOLeN

The future really is exciting for WWE. Just being somewhere so impressive would be a morale booster. Having Triple H, with his connections, getting all sorts of different trainers is awesome. It's like a wrestling university.

I need to start hitting the weights and getting my cardio up.

• Paid Members
Considering recent WWE has given CM Punk the fucking moon, is currently giving Daniel Bryan everything that they think will make him a huge star, brought in Sin Cara and didn't let him go to development first becuase they wanted to immediately capitalise on him, have given Cesaro a strong position in the middle of he card, etc, etc and so on, I'm not sure I buy a "the WWE's done this to make everybody a cookie cutter" argument. If anything the WWE seems to have moved away from that in the past few years.

I may be remembering this wrong, but wasn't it a case of Sin Cara refusing to go to developmental, because he thought he was above it? Proper dumb dumb move.

I think the biggest plus with developmental these days is that with Triple H running things you have a direct link to creative, unlike previous years where post-JR the key criteria for a job running the developmental/talent relation part of the company seemed to be indolence. Now creative have a better clue who is good and what they do, they can make better plans for their debut and place on the roster. It's incredible how much has changed since they've got somebody in there that is arsed.

You also can't underestimate the power Triple H's mates have in WWE's current hirings. They seem to completely trust the scouting ability of X-Pac (he's the one that got them to sign El Generico) and supposedly Nash got his mate Alex Shelley a job, before the Cruiserweight show was put on hold following TNA taking WWE to court.

I may be remembering this wrong, but wasn't it a case of Sin Cara refusing to go to developmental, because he thought he was above it? Proper dumb dumb move.

I can see why he'd feel that way though. I mean, he's wrong, but from a young age he was superpushed as a God in Mexico and was one of the biggest draws around the world at that point. Its probably really difficult not to develop a less than stellar attitude in that environment. But I can't get why the WWE weren't insistent or made an effort to protect their investment if they really wanted a next Rey Rey. The truth is as disappointing as Cara has been he had a lot of potential. He managed to create real sympathy from audiences in Mexico. Well, maybe I can understand, he might have been an arrogant arse for all I know.

Going to the point about CM Punk and Daniel Bryan... weren't they both in developmental between quitting ROH and making their main roster debuts?

As has been said, those chaps have faired relatively well.

And hey, if a developmental talent is cut, having a year or two at this place couldnt hurt their CV.

• Moderators

Yeah, I rememer all the twats* saying all the time in developmental would ruin CM Punk at the time.

Not sure how long Bryan spent in developmental, but he had been on their radar for years and did still come up through NXT.

* I was probably one of those twats.

Daniel Bryan said he wanted to go to development first, I remember that much.

I remember goons saying Triple H would be shit in charge because he'd signed Sin Cara (one of the most popular lucha libre wrestlers) and Kharma (who'd had a great run in TNA and had a unique look) and they never took off. It just seemed like being controversial for the sake of being controversial.

Archived