UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

im a bit slow on the uptake this week, i had a busy weekend...having a quiet bank holiday so i'll be all over the fights on Sunday.

Same. After the lack of discussion around this event I thought it was enjoyable. Didn't catch the prelims but the main card was pretty good. Bader keeps his role as gatekeeper to the top of the LHW division, how many times have we seen guys with a string of finishes & a bit of hype get stopped as soon as they face a decent wrestler, when these people gonna learn?

Thought Pearson looked great, Maynard actually came out strong & landed some harsh looking body shots. Pearson's looking really good though & I hope he gets a top guy next. Just goes to show you how ridiculously stacked the LW division is when he's just scraping in at #15.

With all the talk of it being a weak card etc it seemed apparent when they showed us the 'arena'. It was tiny! I googled it after the fights & the capacity is just under 5k. Dana probably loses more playing blackjack on the weekend than the live gate there.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

im a bit slow on the uptake this week, i had a busy weekend...having a quiet bank holiday so i'll be all over the fights on Sunday.

With all the talk of it being a weak card etc it seemed apparent when they showed us the 'arena'. It was tiny! I googled it after the fights & the capacity is just under 5k. Dana probably loses more playing blackjack on the weekend than the live gate there.

judging by Dana's chat post-fight the UFC probably lost money doing the show in Maine or made very little...he said it was more a case of him wanting to do it because he grew up there and it was more of a personal type project. Maine's hasn't long legalized MMA either so i think it was case of rewarding the fans there, turned out to be a decent little show too.

• Paid Members

copy and pasted from the UFC 177 thread:

However! on a card heavy with guys i dont know, i will be checking out the Wee fight.

oh by the way, the dude he's fighting is 1-1. Now that's a UFC calibre record.

These shows are nothing more than local level shows dressed up as UFC shows, still if fights are competitive they can be fun to watch so i'll be giving it a look (top two fights are excellent though).

Do some digging though and you find some interesting other little stories on the show...

Colby Colvington is an ATT prospect, 5-0 and was Jon Jones college roomate, he's got a bucket load of credentials too.

Shinji Anzai i know fuck all about other than hes finished nearly all his fights by KO, his nickname is the Animal and he looks like a bit of a nutcase.

...and then dude fighting Roland Delorme (who always ends up in good fights) is 17-1, anyone with a record like that raises an eyebrow.

oh, and Danny Mitchell, the Brit is on the prelims.

there's some intriguing stuff in there, fuck it! im gonna watch it all!

• Paid Members

Cheers. I couldn't be arsed to dig for this one.

Some interesting stuff, like that Colby Covington bloke. But I'm still not very arsed about the undercards this weekend. Hopefully they'll throw up some pleasant surprises. The top two fights on both shows should all be excellent though.

Shinji Anzai i know fuck all about other than hes finished nearly all his fights by KO, his nickname is the Animal and he looks like a bit of a nutcase.

He is fighting a guy who is 10-0 with 10 finishes (4 KO's and 6 Subs) as well.

This is my problem with BT. They are ran by absolute amateurs.

Really? This is the first time this has happened on bt. This use to happen every week on espn. Bt have been golden with the UFC.

Yeah we want to watch the UFC but there's people out there who want to watch the 20/20 cricket, there not just going to stop showing the cricket because of the rain. Imagine watching something half way through and it just gets cut off. It was a big cricket match aswell.

• Paid Members

This is my problem with BT. They are ran by absolute amateurs.

Really? This is the first time this has happened on bt. This use to happen every week on espn. Bt have been golden with the UFC.

Yeah we want to watch the UFC but there's people out there who want to watch the 20/20 cricket, there not just going to stop showing the cricket because of the rain. Imagine watching something half way through and it just gets cut off. It was a big cricket match aswell.

So putting a little blurb along the bottom was too much to ask for? Say if the BBC overran, they would make sure that the viewer expecting to watch their show would know why.

Don't get me started on their BT sport app. Granted it has improved, but I've lost count of how often its crashed.

Their presentation football wise is second rate in my view, and well, there's fucking GAD. Anyone willing to employ that fat waste of space are amateurish in my eyes.

...i aint sure if its being shown on a time delay though?

That is what I am wondering. I swear Le vs Franklin happened in the afternoon. If it is on fight pass, Le vs Bisping might make for some good afternoon streaming.

Edit: UFC site says 9am ET, which means around 2pm our time. So yeah, looks like I will be watching the Main Event tomorrow afternoon.

Archived