New Japan iPPV thread

JNLister

After today's iPPV, the Tokyo Dome card now appears to be this:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

NJPW "WRESTLE KINGDOM VIII IN TOKYO DOME"

January 4th, 2014

Tokyo Dome

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title, 4 Way Match: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did hear a rumor yesterday that a new Tiger Mask will be debuting and I'm assuming he'll end up in New Japan so I'd expect him to play a part in the Tokyo Dome card.

There's a new Tiger Mask of sorts debuting alright but not in New Japan. The original Tiger Mask (Satoru Sayama) is debuting a new guy with a Tiger Mask-like character called Giant Tiger in his RJPW promotion.

I did hear a rumor yesterday that a new Tiger Mask will be debuting and I'm assuming he'll end up in New Japan so I'd expect him to play a part in the Tokyo Dome card.

There's a new Tiger Mask of sorts debuting alright but not in New Japan. The original Tiger Mask (Satoru Sayama) is debuting a new guy with a Tiger Mask-like character called Giant Tiger in his RJPW promotion.

With Tiger Mask still working for NJPW though I'd expect the new one to show up there as well when he's found his feet. Not before Wrestle Kingdom then but definitely towards the end of next year.

• Paid Members

With Tiger Mask still working for NJPW though I'd expect the new one to show up there as well when he's found his feet. Not before Wrestle Kingdom then but definitely towards the end of next year.

It'll probably take a while - they need to find someone who's not only good at the Tiger Mask style, but also has an alliterated real name.

There is already a Tiger Mask V, who debuted in 2010. He basically stuck around Sayama's Real Pro and hasn't done much else. I don't think he ever appeared for New Japan. I haven't seen his name mentioned for a year. He was/is thought to be Dream & Pride MMA fighter Minowaman.

Real Pro currently has Tiger Shark & Super Tiger 2.

Also, with the fact that there is a new Tiger Mask film coming out in Japna I thought that it would make sense to debut a new Tiger Mask.

Very surprised The Young Bucks won the IWGP Jnr Heavyweight Tag belts. That 4-way at WrestleKingdom could be nuts if given over 15 minutes. I see Time Splitters taking the belts back if Alex Shelley is healthy.

2013 saw two gaijins in the BOSJ finals and two gaijin teams in the Super Junior Tag League (admittedly that last tournament is only in it's third year).

New Japan is on an incredible roll right now and I am half-expecting WK to out-draw last years to show their growth. Made even more impressive with the Gracies as the only outsiders on the card too.

The Tokyo Dome card above is just speculation right? If not, it doesn't make sense given many of the guys listed are in the tag tournament and, more importantly, there's no Suzuki.

Yes. It's not official. It's just what most people are assuming based on yesterday's iPPV. That said, the top 4 are pretty much set at this point.

I've just finished yesterday's show. Another quality ppv and that suspected Wrestle Kingdom does look likely, unless Makabe is in some sort of tag against the Bullet Club instead.

New Japan has been my wrestling promotion of the year this year and is the main reason that I'm heading to Japan next summer (well, that and Air Raid's write ups from his trip).

Really excited about Wrestle Kingdom now

• Paid Members
They're doing a fan vote to determine which match of the last two will be the main event.

That's ludicrous. A huge majority of the fans will vote for Tana/Shinsuke because they love Tana and Tana should be on top, and Nakamura is wildly popular too, plus it's (still, in my eyes) the top two guys fighting each other for the first time since September 2011. They'll walk the vote. Officially New Japan will spin it so there is 2% in it, but that will be lies. It's daft, because if they do decide to give Naito the ball this time to see if he runs with it (and I think they will) then the moment will be extremely diluted by not closing the show and they will have to abridge the celebration because they need to get "the main event" started. It would be the harshest start to Naito's reign possible to give him the belt and say "there you go mate, but don't kid yourself, Tanahashi's still the man."

I wonder where the man Ishii will figure into the card. He's been just so good the last few months, he deserves a good spot.

Looking at the announced card, the obvious remaining choice for me would be MiSu. And I think that would be fuckload of fun.

I wonder where the man Ishii will figure into the card. He's been just so good the last few months, he deserves a good spot.

Looking at the announced card, the obvious remaining choice for me would be MiSu. And I think that would be fuckload of fun.

I heartily endorse this suggestion. :thumbsup:

How does buying the iPPV work?

I'm willing to pay WK8 in January, but what exactly does it involve? Do I have to register with a certain site or can I just pay using a debit card as a one off. And do you get the event as a data file to watch at your leisure, or are you just paying for a stream and nothing else?

Archived