Does anyone know what is going on with UKW?

truthofsin

When UKW announced their upcoming UKW Revolt! TV tapings way back in February, i decided i'd get myself a ticket and head along with the Mrs. So on March 1st i bought us a pair of ringside tickets to the April 13th taping. On April 4th UKW announced the events were "POSTPONED until the near future" as they were moving to new premises and that "new dates are to be announced very shortly!".

Fast forward to the present day and there is still no news on any rescheduled date. The UKW Revolt! Facebook page has not been updated since April 24th and a message i sent to them via the page on May 14th has gone unanswered. UKW's main Facebook page seems fairly active, but the only mentions of anything Revolt! related are all do to with the Revolt! Academy and not the events.

I then sent UKW an email on July 7th via the address given in the contact section of the UKW website. But this too has gone unanswered thus far.

So does anyone know what is gong on with UKW and these events? All i've been trying to do is get an update, as there are multiple weekends i am unavailable over the remainder of the year (with a lot of new dates being added to that list week to week). Basically i'd like to know whether or not there is a date i currently have free that i should keep that way, or whether i'll need to gt a refund due to being unable to attend the rescheduled date. Originally i had planned to attend both events, but was only available on one of the dates.

I won't lie and say the lack of communication, or an update in any form, hasn't annoyed me, because it has. But i would still like to attend the event if it's possible.

• Paid Members
When UKW announced their upcoming UKW Revolt! TV tapings way back in February, i decided i'd get myself a ticket and head along with the Mrs. So on March 1st i bought us a pair of ringside tickets to the April 13th taping. On April 4th UKW announced the events were "POSTPONED until the near future" as they were moving to new premises and that "new dates are to be announced very shortly!".

Fast forward to the present day and there is still no news on any rescheduled date. The UKW Revolt! Facebook page has not been updated since April 24th and a message i sent to them via the page on May 14th has gone unanswered. UKW's main Facebook page seems fairly active, but the only mentions of anything Revolt! related are all do to with the Revolt! Academy and not the events.

I then sent UKW an email on July 7th via the address given in the contact section of the UKW website. But this too has gone unanswered thus far.

So does anyone know what is gong on with UKW and these events? All i've been trying to do is get an update, as there are multiple weekends i am unavailable over the remainder of the year (with a lot of new dates being added to that list week to week). Basically i'd like to know whether or not there is a date i currently have free that i should keep that way, or whether i'll need to gt a refund due to being unable to attend the rescheduled date. Originally i had planned to attend both events, but was only available on one of the dates.

I won't lie and say the lack of communication, or an update in any form, hasn't annoyed me, because it has. But i would still like to attend the event if it's possible.

I'm afraid if you paid by paypal then you are too late to get a refund. Maybe post on UKW facebook page might get a responce.

I'm afraid if you paid by paypal then you are too late to get a refund. Maybe post on UKW facebook page might get a responce.

I worded my first post a little badly, it was the main UKW i messaged on Facebook May 14th. I decided to message that page as it is still active and UKW are actively posting on it. There is no option to post on the page itself, so i had to send a message. This has gone unanswered.

Yeah, i'm aware that the option of getting a refund via PayPal is long gone. But while that was still a realistic option, i was still under the impression the event had just been delayed for the short term. I'd still like to attend the event, but there's a very real chance i wont be able to attend a rescheduled date due to my calendar being so busy over the next few months. The whole situation is frustrating and UKW seemingly ignoring my messages isn't filling me with much confidence.

from what i was told in the past was that Revolt was being run by someone completely different to the ukw promoter

This is what the promoter said to me once i finally got to talk to him. It's being promoted by someone else, but under the UKW banner. It was the UKW promoter who issued the refund. The whole situation was more than a little frustrating, but he willingly gave me a refund no questions asked.

• Paid Members
I am not aware of Tiny Iron, but I guess from cobystags that he is not very good. Valkabious can wrestle for about 10 minutes, I guess Tiny Iron can't carry the other 50.

382437_948777.jpg

Tiny Iron has the look, obviously, but I've never seen him do anything convincing, outside of breaking his chains for Playhouse Wrestlefest and killing some of their extras.

Archived