Vaping/EJuice/Electronic Cigarette Thread

El Mistique

• Paid Members

Evening all,

I was wondering if anyone on here is into vaping/electronic cigarettes.

I've been a heavy smoker for the last 13/14 years and electronic cigarettes seems to be the only thing that works for me. Has anyone else tried these?

I'm currently using a starter kit from acevapers.co.uk with a tank and cartomiser to hold/burn the liquid (i tried clearomisers but they seemed to burn out quickly). So far I have had the creme caramel, ckae mix and strawberry citrus flavours.

I'm shocked at how inexpensive it is (about 7 quid a week) compared to smoking.

Has anyone else used electronic cigarettes and if they are a heavy user can you recommend any online retailers to buy from?

• Paid Members
Evening all,

I was wondering if anyone on here is into vaping/electronic cigarettes.

I've been a heavy smoker for the last 13/14 years and electronic cigarettes seems to be the only thing that works for me. Has anyone else tried these?

I'm currently using a starter kit from acevapers.co.uk with a tank and cartomiser to hold/burn the liquid (i tried clearomisers but they seemed to burn out quickly). So far I have had the creme caramel, ckae mix and strawberry citrus flavours.

I'm shocked at how inexpensive it is (about 7 quid a week) compared to smoking.

Has anyone else used electronic cigarettes and if they are a heavy user can you recommend any online retailers to buy from?

Depends how serious you are about them. Four people in the flat opposite us started on them and it seemed to be going well, but the amount of times they had a real one when drinking, or when their battery or juice had ran out on the fake one just made it come across as them trying to save face. For every time I heard a variation of "I'm stopping smoking" or "These work" it'd balance out by them making an excuse to have a real one in situations they thought it didn't count.

One of them went away for three weeks to France and by the time he got back he said he just had no desire for them anymore and stopped any type of smoking altogether. The three lasses stayed exactly the same though.

I've been on the tank system for a year and a half, and never looked back. So much cheaper than cigarettes and a lot less dangerous. I've got a few favourite flavours, grape is really nice, peanut butter is great but can get sickly after a while. I've always got a menthol bottle handy too as that tends to be my main go to. The battery issue is really an excuse, they last 2-3 days so charging it overnight should mean you never run out. I've got 4 batteries so I can have 2 with me for use and 2 spare on charge.

Edit : I used to buy online from VIP, but I now have a local retailer I get my stuff from.

• Paid Members

I started vaping about 10 weeks ago and I love it. I'm not totally off tobacco though as I still use it with green.

I started off buying the Nicolites cigarette looking ones from Tesco, but I found they weren't really lasting all that long. I've since upgraded to a few Evod clearomisers that I use with 1000mah vari-voltage battery in the house. I Also bought a few Ego style 600mah batteries off eBay for when I'm out and about. Not really experimented with many e-liquids as I'm in love with RY4 that I've been getting from Vape Escape.

Much prefer it to actually smoking a cig.

Been tempted to give them a try in order to cut out my social smoking but never really saw the point since that amounts to about 30 cigs a year tops which I figured was good enough for someone who used to smoke 30+ a day. How much are they? I may still give them a go.

I've seen a few people around the office using them, and they seem to be puffing on them all the time. That's not healthy, is it? I mean, if you're using it to wean off cigarettes altogether, fair enough, but a lot of people just seem to use them as a more convenient way of feeding their nicotine addiction.

• Paid Members

I only found out that it was called vaping recently - I bought some glycerine for my Christmas cake icing last year, and when I tried to find out the other uses it said vaping. Didn't know what the was, and didn't bother to find out, but then recently I walked right into a pro-vaping rally/happening, where loads of people had vaping signs. It was weird.

I've seen a few people around the office using them, and they seem to be puffing on them all the time. That's not healthy, is it? I mean, if you're using it to wean off cigarettes altogether, fair enough, but a lot of people just seem to use them as a more convenient way of feeding their nicotine addiction.

Essentially yeah. They can be a great tool for stopping altogether, but they can also be an alternative to actual cigarettes. Personally I'm still have an addiction to nicotine, I'd never dispute that but I don't get nearly the cravings I used to and after 18 months without a real cigarette I feel healthier than I have in years. My lung capacity, stamina and overall health is better; also I don't stink of smoke all the time. It's far cheaper, and it doesn't contain any of the multitude of chemicals, tar and tobacco that cigarettes do.

Also, worth repeating that it's far far cheaper. I spend maybe

Been tempted to give them a try in order to cut out my social smoking but never really saw the point since that amounts to about 30 cigs a year tops which I figured was good enough for someone who used to smoke 30+ a day. How much are they? I may still give them a go.

I'd say don't bother if you're only a 30 a year social smoker. If you've got an e-cig then you'll end up smoking it more than that. If you're really set on looking to try them I'd recommend a disposable one from tesco or a lot of newsagents. They're about

The shop I work in sells E-Cigs, well actually it's pretty much half our business at the moment, don't worry I won't be doing any advertising for our place but I will say that even we have been surprised at the success of them

Think the main problem people have with them is that as soon as they go on the piss and have a proper fag they immediately think they need to bin off the e-cig and go back on the proper fags, most of our customers seem to be happy with just gradually cutting down the amount they smoke by mixing proper fags with using an e-cig

As Loki says, It makes no sense to use these things non stop as some people tend to do so we always recommend people still smoke to a degree (if they're a heavy smoker), In fact our biggest success story is someone who still smokes, she's gone from 60 a day down to about 10

• Paid Members

People using them in the office pisses me off, because some of them really do stink. Yes, we know you're not actually "smoking", but you weren't allowed to smoke at your desk before the workplace smoking ban, so you shouldn't be vaping now.

People using them in the office pisses me off, because some of them really do stink. Yes, we know you're not actually "smoking", but you weren't allowed to smoke at your desk before the workplace smoking ban, so you shouldn't be vaping now.

It's a grey area policy-wise, since it's just a vapour rather than smoke. A lot of workplaces have updated their no-smoking policy to include the use of e-cigarettes, I think eventually most companies will follow suit.

The government will try to act on it soon though, either through a ban or control. It's taking a larger and larger chunk out of the economy in lost taxes, they won't let that continue unchecked.

Supposedly much healthier (although I do wonder if this is going to be one of those things we look back on in 10 years and can't believe everyone assumed would be OK). Regarding the 'just replacing cigarettes' thing - the idea with some of them (particularly the ones that imitate cigarettes) is that you progressively buy lower and lower nicotine content cartridges thus weaning yourself of the nicotine whilst keep the smoking process (which is often a big deal for smokers) and thus when you do quit you've basically lost the nicotine addiction anyway and it's all psychological (this is the idea, obviously the execution varies for different people)

Regarding people using them everywhere, yeah it's kinda irritating. I'm a smoker and incredibly aware of the smell of it and do try to avoid inflicting it on non-smokers. My brother uses the e-cigarette and just uses it everywhere; in a pub, on the tube, lots of enclosed spaces. And whilst the smell doesn't stick like smoke it still isn't a great smell to be pushing on others - kinda like really bad perfume.

Also they are clearly not as cool as smoking ;) I was rather amused by a comedian referring to it as 'sucking a robot dick'

• Paid Members

See, on the contrary, i've found a whole gang of piss takers on these are STILL taking cigarette breaks with their mates. That makes me far angrier.

• 1 year later...

Evening all, I was wondering if anyone on here is into vaping/electronic cigarettes such as nautilus. I've been a heavy smoker for the last 13/14 years and electronic cigarettes seems to be the only thing that works for me. Has anyone else tried these? I'm currently using a starter kit from acevapers.co.uk with a tank and cartomiser to hold/burn the liquid (i tried clearomisers but they seemed to burn out quickly). So far I have had the creme caramel, ckae mix and strawberry citrus flavours. I'm shocked at how inexpensive it is (about 7 quid a week) compared to smoking. Has anyone else used electronic cigarettes and if they are a heavy user can you recommend any online retailers to buy from?

Well vaping is surely the right way to control or get rid of smoking habit..Smoking is good for nothing so we must quit it and vaping is the right way to do it..

Archived